Summer Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Welcome to 2020 lovely! It's a new year full of endless possibilities and I'm hoping it's going to be a very productive one in the sewing room. What about you? Any plans/dreams/goals/resolutions for this fresh creative new year?

I'm kickstarting 2020 with a brand-new mini quilt pattern, and I think you'll love the simplicity of this gorgeous design. Please welcome the stunning Summer to my pattern family.


Isn't she gorgeous? I thought she was the perfect way to welcome the new year and to celebrate the summer months ahead, even though Australia is in crisis at the moment. Our country is being ravaged by the most terrifying and devastating bushfires, please let it rain and rain and rain!

Summer has a stunning star block centre which is set on point, with Lemoyne Star inspired flowers filling each of the four corners. She's simple, sweet and a super fun mini quilt to sew.


Choosing fabrics to bring a design to life is always fun, and I'm sure you'll agree that the summery tones of Sedef Imer's fabrics were the perfect choice. I love her tiny floral prints and these fabrics remind me of the little sundresses I dressed Madeline in, and some of the dresses I wore myself as a girl - yes, I can remember back that far. ;)

I used a combination of Sweet Prairie and Summer Blush fabrics, as these two lines work so well together, and I'm thrilled with how pretty and sunny my Summer quilt turned out.


Summer is a foundation paper pieced pattern, and this one goes together very, very quickly. You can sew the quilt top in an afternoon and have your mini quilt hanging on the wall in no time at all.

It's suitable for all quilting levels and there's nothing too fiddly or tricky in the design, and no Y seams.  The PDF pattern includes lots of colour diagrams and written instructions to help make sewing your Summer mini quilt fun and effortless.


I've included swatches of the fabrics I used in the pattern to inspire you, but this design would look gorgeous in any colour palette - grab some colouring pencils, print the colouring sheet and get creative!

Summer finishes at around 14" square, so she's petite and perfect to hang on the wall or to use under vases or lamps on your favorite side table. You could also use this design to sew some decorative throw cushions or make multiples for a full-sized quilt. How pretty would that be?


The PDF pattern also includes optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers so you can display your mini quilt on the wall. I deep cleaned my sewing room last week and rearranged my mini wall, so my Summer quilt is now hanging above my cutting table and I can enjoy it every day - boy does she make me smile!

The pattern also includes full sized FPP templates for you to print, and they do include shaded colours of the fabrics I used to help take the confusion out of which fabric goes where.


If you would like to make your own version of my Summer mini quilt pattern, from today until the end of January 2020 PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable. Simply click on the link below to purchase your copy.


I hope you enjoy sewing Summer as much as I did. She's such a delightful mini quilt and a fun way to start 2020.

I love seeing what you create with my patterns, so if you do make this quilt then don't forget to send me a photo or use the hashtag #summerminiquilt and I'll come over and have a look.

Enjoy the rest of your week lovely!


Happy quilting :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊