Week Ending - January 5

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday and welcome to my first Week Ending post for 2020. I started this weekly blog series almost two years ago, and I hope they continue to inspire you to create as we craft our way through this fresh new year.

I found some fun projects for you this week, so let's take a look:

  • Jenny from Elefantz Designs has a pretty free stitchery pattern for you to download and she has used hers to decorate her 2020 gratitude journal. Jenny designs the sweetest stitcheries and she's incorporated some simple applique as well. Keeping a gratitude journal encourages a thankful and positive state of mind, and you can find some tips for starting your own journal HERE.
  • How about crocheting your own version of the 2020 C2C Shawl from Sarah at Repeat Crafter Me. This is really clever and it's made from two triangles, joined together with the lattice join (video included to help you out). Such a fun idea.



  • Start the New Year off on a healthier note with these yummy Raw Chocolate Almond Tarts from Jessica Sepel. I tried these earlier in the week and they were delicious - they felt naughty but full of healthy ingredients. A definite must make again recipe!
  • I'm loving this gorgeous Polar Compass quilt pattern from Maureen Cracknell. It's a free pattern on the Art Gallery Fabrics website and showcases the Enchanted Voyage fabric collection. Add this one to your must make list.



  • I had to bookmark these Crochet Ammonite Wrist Warmers because they are the nicest I've seen for awhile. It's too hot to crochet anything large at the moment, but these might be perfect to work on instead, and then I'll be all ready for winter.
  • Sew She Can has a wonderful free pattern for these DIY Sturdy Storage Totes. There's two sizes and you can use them for quilts, quilting supplies, fabric etc. There's a vinyl insert so you can see the contents or you can insert a label. Fun, useful and there's a full tutorial to help you make your own.
  • How about creating your own private nook in the garden with this Crochet Lace Teepee pattern. I'm pretty sure I need one of these and it looks fun to crochet. Our dog would love her own little teepee too - such a fun idea! :)

And that's it for this week - lots of fun projects to kickstart a creative 2020! My Classic Quilt Blocks series returns on Friday and the first block is the gorgeous Bow Tie block, plus I'm sharing my most recent project off the hook.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊