Week Ending - February 2

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! Wow, did January go quickly or what? If it's an indication of how fast 2020 will fly by then maybe I should work a bit faster so I have time for everything I want to achieve this year. How was the first month of the year for you? I hope it's been a creative one. :)

I found seven fun and inspiring links from around the net this week, so let's take a look:

  • First up is this adorable Crochet Hedgehog Pattern from Crochet To Play. Aww this little guy is the sweetest and such a fun gift to give your loved ones this Valentines Day. Grab your yarn scraps and start crocheting this cutie today!
  • I made this Spinach Frittata the other night for dinner and it was a hit. It was light and tasty and I served it with some boiled potatoes and salad. It's a recipe from Martha and I'll definitely be cooking this one again soon.
  • Another great idea from Martha are these Crayon Hearts. These are perfect for Valentines Day and it's a project you can do with the kids - great for the Aussie mums who are preparing kids for the new school year. I'm a big kid and I want to make some!


  • When you buy a new sewing machine, you end up with a bunch of attachments you don't need right away or you can't identify sometimes, right?  How about making a Sewing Machine Accessory Pouch to store them in safely until you need them, or you figure out what they're for. This is a free tutorial on the Fat Quarter website and so much prettier than storing your accessories in a drawer. 
  • Decorating the table for Valentine's Day is made easy with these DIY Valentine's Day Placemats from Apple Green Cottage. She has lots of tips in her step by step tutorial including making the placemats reversible. Such a fun project!



  • I'm loving this Crochet Round Granny Cushion from Annemarie's Haakblog. This design takes me right back to my grandmother's house and it looks so cosy and inviting. This is a paid pattern and I'm sure you'll use it over and over as you make cushions for every room in your house.
  • Social media is a sea of hearts at the moment and I love, love, love this Baby Heart Log Cabin Quilt from Sew She Can. It's so sweet and perfect for any time of the year, and it's a free pattern for you to sew. Enjoy!

And that's it for another week. I hope you found a few new projects to try.

Next week on the blog I'm releasing a new mini quilt pattern which I hope you love, and it's time for a new Classic Quilt Block. This month I'm celebrating the humble Nine Patch and I've got lots of fun ideas planned to make you fall in love with this block all over again.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊