Week Ending - February 9

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been a creative one. It sure has for me - back to school means early mornings and quite a lot of time to myself during the day. I love a productive week!

Valentine's Day is almost here! Any plans to celebrate with your loved ones? Hubby and I are going out for dinner at our favorite Italian resturant. The kids will be there too, so its a intimate, romantic dinner for five - we wouldn't have it any other way!

With all this love in the air, let's have a look at some of the gorgeous projects I found this week. I love them all and I hope they inspire you to create:

  • How cute is this Crochet Sloth Applique from Repeat Crafter Me. I fell in love with sloths watching Sid from the Ice Age movies with the kids, way back when, and this one's a sweetie. You can use this applique pattern to embellish an array of projects, and it's a freebie!
  • Kat from the Organised Housewife has a yummy Chocolate Almond Brownie recipe for you to try. Who doesn't love a brownie right? While your over there, make sure you check out her online shop. She has some wonderful products and I purchased a set of Weekly Motivational Cards and they are such a inspiring addition to my workspace and a reminder to take care of me! 
  • Someone I really love and follow on all social media is Sarah from Sarah Joy Blog. She has the sweetest family and she's such a ray of sunshine. She writes a decorating blog and shares tips, tricks and ideas for styling your home, fashion and beauty, parenting and a few recipes. Make sure you check out her blog, she's so down to earth and you'll love her honesty and quirkiness.



  • The highlight of my week is visiting our Saturday Farmers Market, and this Cute Veggies Market Tote would be super fun to take along. The vegetables are applique and fused into place (you could hand sew them down for security) and the features are drawn on with black marker. A quick and fun project you can make with the kids!
  • I love essential oils and if you're worried about little fingers touching a diffuser or a candle then try these DIY Essential Oil Fragrance Stones from Hello Nest. I made some of these for my car and the smell is intense and last longer than those vent vaporisers. They make pretty gifts as well - wrap a few in cellophane and pop them in a colourful gift box!



  • In Colour Order has this Long Scrappy Pincushion which I'd love to make for my machine. I'm a sucker for pincushions and this one is a great use for those 2" scraps. There's a free tutorial to get you creating and it will be very useful in your sewing space.
  • And finally, these Vintage Crochet Hearts from Annie Design Crochet are stunning. It's a free pattern for you to try and a few of these scattered around the house would bring the romance of Valentine's Day alive. 

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something fun to create today.

Next week on the blog I have a yummy cupcake recipe for you to try and in my Classic Quilt Blocks series I'm sharing my step by step tutorial for the gorgeous Nine Patch block.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊