Week Ending - June 28

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been a kind one. :) 

Let's have a brief chat about guilty pleasure, shall we.  I'm a huge sucker for reality show and I've just got hooked on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Netflix added a few shows and I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about and I can't stop watching! I guess it's mindless TV, and you get a look into some of these fabulous houses and restaurants, but it's really addictive! What's your guilty pleasure?

I found so wonderful projects to inspire you this week, so let's take a look:

  • First up is the Hydrangea Crochet Cardigan from Sewrella. This is so pretty and I love the drape, especially those gorgeous sleeves. I'm hoping I can find Truboo yarn here in Australia some time soon, because I really really need to crochet a cardigan in every colour.
  • You can never have too many Quilted Pot Holders and Sheri from a Quilting Life shared a great tutorial for some scrappy ones. There's a step by step video to watch and tips on supplies and construction. 
  • It's cold and flu season in Australia (as well as the threat of Corona), and Kat from The Organised Housewife shared her DIY Cold and Flu Chest Rub Recipe. I like this because it's not as harsh as some of the other rubs you buy, and it's made with a simple blend of four essential oils you'd probably have in the cupboard - plus this smells nicer than the brand rubs!


  • Remember cutting shapes and adding smiley faces to the kids sandwiches? Well Liz from the Sugar Geek Show takes it one step further with her How To Make Foccaccia Bread Art tips and tricks. How amazing does that look, and it's just cleverly cut vegetables and herbs. So fun! She has lots of ideas to take your bread presentation to a whole new level.
  • Lisa from A Spoonful of Sugar released the cutest Zakka Scissor Keeper pattern. This is another fabulous scrappy project and the sweetest way to protect your scissors. Head over to her blog for all the details.
  • Have you heard of The Quilts and Quilters of Gee's Bend? I hadn't and Amy from Diary of A Quilter introduced me to their stories and quilts in a wonderfully written article. This is a visual feast and it reminds you of the true essence of quilting. A great read with links to explore further and learn more.

  • And this DIY Rustic Plant Bench from Liz Marie Blog is just what I'm looking for. (I know you're reading this Les, so can you please make this one for me honey! Love ya xx) The cutting measurements are provided, and it looks simple enough so I could try it myself or at the very least make it with some hubby supervision. ;) Perfect!
And that's it for another week. I hope you find something new to create!

Next week on the blog, I have my new monthly mini quilt pattern releasing and it's a new block in my Classic Quilt Blocks series! Newsletter subscribers, check your inbox tomorrow for a chat about June.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊