It Snowed!

You guys, last night it snowed! Never, ever has it snowed in the suburbs of Northern Tasmania, and I'm sorry but the inner child in me is beyond excited so I had to share!


It was freezing cold and raining when we went to bed, but at 1.30am (ish), the dog woke us and we discovered our world was blanketed in snow! We watched the snow fall for another hour or two, and this morning Launceston is a white, winter wonderland!

I had to take a quilt in the snow photo - it's probably my one and only chance to do it in my own backyard! (ignore the footprint I'm a little inexperienced!)


I know it's probably a sign of a global warming crisis, but today I just want to soak in all the beauty of Mother Nature. I want to remember last night when flurries landed on our face and in our hair, and I never want to forget the excitement on Cohen's face as he saw snow for the very first time!

The last time I saw snow I was pregnant with Cohen (19 years ago), and we had to travel up this treacherous mountain in a 4WD which was beyond terrifying. I got an instant earache and sat in the car while Les and Maddi threw snowballs, and never wanted to go back!


Not everyone was a fan of this gorgeous white blanket! The poor dog doesn't know what to make of it, but she did a quick explore and then headed back to her warm bed!

I've mentioned on here many times that I wished it would snow where I live - just once, and it did! It was magical and a night I'll never forget! 


Happy Snow Day :)
email signature

15 comments

  1. Wow - how wonderful. The wonders of winter. I'd even love to see snow here in melbourne. Would be at least one highlight. None of my three kids have ever seen snow either. I was 17 when I first saw it but was fortunate enough to see it for the first time in Switzerland.
    It's certainly a magical look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I read an article this morning, and it was saying snow could reach Melbourne suburbs tonight! Cross fingers I read that right and you get your own winter wonderland too! How amazing to see it for the first time in Switzerland - I can only dream :)

      Delete
  2. btw, the quilt looks wonderful in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband crew up in the southern United States where snow is a rarity. He still, after 23 years in the northern mountains where we get snow often, thinks it is magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why he does Deanna! You see photos or snow scenes in movies, but nothing compares to seeing it fall so silently in front of your eyes! A treasured memory for sure! :)

      Delete
  4. So glad you got to experience it!! Living in New England all my life I still love to see the fresh fallen snow it is indeed magical! But it does lose some of it's magic by the time we get to March??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was magical but yeh I can see how it would lose it's spark after weeks of it! I hope we get a little more, just because ;)

      Delete
  5. How nice you got your wish! I live in western NY state, and we are no strangers to snow. But it's still exciting to get the first snowfall and take in the beauty of how it makes everything look so clean and sparkly, and yes, magical. . . . . and then shortly after that we can't wait to be done with it! LOL!!
    Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure caused some excitement! I can tick a few things off my bucket list now, like the quilt in the snow shot ;) Such a fun night/day!

      Delete
  6. How lucky are you.
    Here in Qld no snow at all unless to want to drive to Stanthorpe,it snows there sometimes
    Here in Brissie not likely
    Nice background for your Quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'd be worried if it snowed in Brissie ;) It caused so much excitement down here I can tell you! The city looked so pretty and bright - so much fun!

      Delete
  7. So glad you got to enjoy the snow. We seldom get any in South Carolina and it's always an exciting day when we do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like a big kid Teresa ;) To have it falling in your own back yard was a dream come true! Big bucket list tick!

      Delete
  8. We had snow in southern Victoria, but it melted quickly. Pretty pic of the 'snow' quilt :) Back into stay at home here for the next 6 weeks. Better make some more masks as we must wear them out of the house.
    Sam the Aussie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sam, I hope things are OK in Victoria. What we are seeing and hearing is sooo scary and sad! You and your family are in my thoughts! Stay safe and well and hopefully this will be all over soon! Big hugs x

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊