Week Ending - November 22

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How have you been? I did disappear again, and no the baby hasn't arrived yet (less than a week till due date!) but thank you for your lovely emails checking in! Michael has taken holidays until his paternity leave starts, and hopefully bub will be here soon - I'm more excited/anxious than a kid at Christmas ;)

Cohen's exams are all over (hallelujah!) and he's having a little holiday before enrolling in TAFE next year. He wanted to give his bedroom a makeover, so we spent the week painting, cleaning, decluttering and redecorating - it's been fun to work together :) And, Les and I are putting in a cut flower garden - the digging is done and we're ready to plant!

I've also been back in the sewing room and I have some wonderful things almost ready for you - not as many as I had planned but that's 2020 right? Next week I'll release my free 2021 Calendar and also a free Christmas Star block which I sent out in last years newsletter but I also wanted to share here! 

Ok, let's see what fun and inspiring projects I found for you this week, and I've decided to head straight into Christmas projects. Let's go:

  • First up is the Crochet Gingerbread Blanket from Sarah at Repeat Crafter Me and this is adorable. This would be a fun way to decorate a childs room or if your a big kid like me, your favorite chair. The pattern looks nice and easy and Sarah makes all her projects fun and achievable.
  • Lisa from A Spoonful of Sugar has done it again with these gorgeous Liberty Bell Ornaments. She has used her Jingle Bell Coaster pattern and you can sew either of these by purchasing a pattern in her shop. So fun and a great gift idea for sewing friends.



  • I love clever craft projects and Emily from Handmade Farmhouse shared her Easy DIY Paper Bag Luminaries. Aren't these the sweetest? A simple idea that looks fantastic and one you can do with the kids!
  • Another great gift idea are these Crochet Christmas Tree Hot Pads from the girls at Daisy Farm Crafts. They are festive, sweet and practical and the pattern is very easy to follow. Give these a try while you're watching a bunch of Christmas movies :)
  • This Cranberry Fluff recipe from My Baking Addiction looks amazing - it's got marshmallows in it so it screamed make me! Jamie makes this for Thanksgiving, but down under we have cranberries at Christmas so I might have to give it a try.
  • Christmas is going to look different for a lot of people and Kat at the Organised Housewife has put together a list for How to Make Christmas Exciting which might be helpful. She's come up with some funs way to block out the noise of this year and concentrate on the important things in life. I hope you find this useful.



  • And finally, need a special gift for the littlies? How about the Boucle Bear and Bunny pattern from Stephanie at All About Ami? These are adorable and even though I'm not familiar with the yarn, they look soft and cuddly. I've bookmarked this one for sure!

And that's it for this week. I hope you found something fun and inspiring to try.

Before I go I wanted to mention a blog post I'm working on for the last week of the year. 2020 will go down in the history books and I think it's important to leave our personal reflections on this year for future generations. It will give them a better understanding of this pandemic and how it affected us individually and globally. I urge anyone with a blog to post about your personal reflections of 2020, and for those without to write it all down in a journal so it's preserved - it's vital knowledge and firsthand experience we can share with future generations :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely!


Happy Week Ending :)

email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊