Calendar Girls - Ruby (Block One)

Do you want to sew the blocks featured in my Free 2023 Calendar? Come and meet the Calendar Girls and join me in a very, very casual sew along!
Morning lovely! 

Welcome to Block One of the Calendar Girls sew along! I've been so excited to start sharing these gorgeous blocks with you, and I think we'll have fun over the next few months.

I'll be releasing one new block pattern every second Wednesday, completing the series on August 2.

Our first block is the gorgeous Ruby and she's a stunner! As I mentioned in last week's post, I've named these blocks after woman who impacted and influenced both myself and my husband while they were here with us and I'm excited to introduce you to Ruby!


Our first block is the loyal and true Ruby

She's a traditionally pieced quilt block and she's playful, fun and perfect in any colour combination. 

She enjoys knitting, lawn bowls, baking and living the quiet country life. What you see is what you get with our lovely Ruby. She's honest and true and a loyal friend who opens her heart and home to all she meets, with a cheerful smile and a warm pot of tea!

Ruby was my great grandmother!


My goal was to make these blocks as easy as possible for you, so to piece Ruby, I used the four HST's at a time method. This method makes piecing quick and easy and your HST's will be accurate for constructing the block.

The PDF pattern has colour diagrams and step by step instructions to help you piece as many blocks as you want, and there are four sizes to choose from - 6", 8", 10" & 12".

I have not included fabric requirements for any of the blocks - each block size requires more or less fabric, and as it's up to you how many of these you sew or what you use them for, so it could all get messy and confusing!


You will need four print fabrics and a background fabric, and I've included a colouring sheet in the PDF pattern to help you plan your block. 

Print as many of these as you need for the project you choose and play around with different combinations - I'm trying to stick to the fabrics I used in the Free 2023 Calendar.

Please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions as we go along. I am making these as easy as I can to construct, and you have two weeks until the release of the next block if you choose to sew more than one.


Everything you need to make your own Ruby block is in the free pattern and to download and print your copy, simply click the link:


Have fun sewing this gorgeous block. I'm sure my great grandmother would have loved being the first Calendar Girl and she would have loved this block - to me it feels carefree and happy, just like she was!

The next block in the series is the sweet and angelic Mary.




I can't wait to introduce you to Mary on Wednesday March 15. She's another fun block to sew and she shares her name with my nan.

Have fun sewing Ruby lovely! I can't wait to see what you create with these Calendar Girl blocks!

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)







1 comment

  1. I JUST found you… I’m in love! Can’t wait to get started on Calendar Girls. I love that you are highlighting the beautiful women in your life! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊