Calendar Girls - Sheila (Block Three)

Do you want to sew the blocks featured in my Free 2023 Calendar? Come and meet the Calendar Girls and join me in a very, very casual sew along!
Morning lovely!

Welcome to Block Three of my Calendar Girls sew along! Every second Wednesday I'm releasing one block pattern from my Free 2023 Calendar for you to sew in any project you desire!

This week's block is a true representation of someone very special to me. It's elegant and a bit of a showstopper, but it's also sassy and fun!

Let me introduce you to Sheila!


Our third block is the elegant and sassy Sheila.

She is a foundation paper pieced block and this one will turn heads.

Sheila enjoys gardening, baking, chocolate and reading recipes. She's the Calendar Girl's social butterfly and loves dancing, music, and being the centre of attention. She's a bit of a flirt, loves dressing up, and you'll always have a friend when Sheila's at any social gathering. She's a fastidious housekeeper and your welcome to visit her home as long as you leave things as you found them!

Sheila was my nan (grandmother)!


My goal was to make these block patterns as easy as possible for you, so Sheila is constructed using the easy and accurate foundation paper piecing method.

You'll require four pretty prints and a background fabric to complete your block, and I did deviate a little from the fabrics in the calendar by using a crisp white background fabric.

A colouring sheet is included in the free PDF pattern, so you can play around with combinations prior to sewing.


The free PDF pattern includes full sized templates and assembly instructions and diagrams for four sizes of the Sheila block - 6", 8", 10" & 12".  It's up to you how many you sew or how you use them - you have two weeks until the release of the next block, so sew lots!

Just mentioning again, there are no fabric requirements included in the pattern.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is a must, and the FPP templates are full sized for each of the block sizes, so you can print and sew without any fuss.

If you need help with FPP, you can find my tutorials here:


You can always email me with any questions or concerns you may have with FPP - I'll help if I can!


Everything you need to make your own Sheila block is in the free pattern and to download and print your copy, simply click the link:


Have fun sewing this block. Nan was a very elegant woman with a whole lot of sass. She would have been the first to agree to be my Calendar Girl and she would have loved this block.

The next block in the series is the much loved and fabulous Caroline!


I can't wait to introduce you to Caroline on Wednesday 12th of April. She's a great block to sew and she shares her name with my husband's grandmother!

Have fun sewing Sheila lovely! I can't wait to see what you create with these Calendar Girl Blocks.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)


2 comments

  1. Thank You so much for the beautiful stories for each calendar blocks that is really nice. I felt the very same way about my grandma she was wonderful. I really like the blocks so again Thank You. Barb😊♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Barb! It's been lovely to introduce you to some of the important woman is our lives. They forever own a piece of our hearts!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊