Friday On My Mind

3pm today signifies the end of the long winter school term!! I love the school holidays and we have so many activities planned for the next 2 weeks. As an end of term treat for us Mums, we are having a stitching/sewing pyjama sleepover at the shop tonight for my Saturday (and Wed night) girls. Heres my contribution to the dessert table:



Berry And Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding

5 thick slices of Sourdough, buttered and cubed
1 1/2 cups of mixed berries
200 grams of chopped dark chocolate
1 1/4 cups of cream
4 eggs
1/4 cup of caster sugar
teaspoon of vanilla extract

Mix together the bread, berries and chocolate in a ovenproof dish. Whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla and sugar together in a seperate jug and then pour over the bread. Let it stand for 15mins, so the bread absorbs the liquid and then bake in a 180 degree ovens for 50 mins. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.

Should be a fun time! Lots of sewing and chatting, some good food, wine and music and I believe there is going to be a Canasta challenge!! A great way to unwind.

Have a great weekend and to all the Dads out there, especially to Les and my Dad, I wish you a very Happy Fathers Day for Sunday!!

6 comments

  1. Your dessert sure looks yummy. I hope you have a terrific time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy...that looks so good. I love to play canasta, but have no one to play with around here, so I just play on-line.

    Hope you have a great time with your friends.

    And Happy Fathers Day to all the Australian Dads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that looks delish!What a fun nite, hope you all enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊