First Day of Spring!!


Spring would have to be my favorite season, its a sign of new beginnings and a promise of better weather to come and after the last few weeks of constant rain and wind, it will be very welcome!!! There is so much inspiration to be found in the garden and it boosts your creativity!
Id love to say Ive been busy in the studio but I have Cohen at home with a really bad case of the flu and he needs my attention, so Ive had to channel my creativity in other directions!! We spend a lot of money at the supermarket on museli bars etc so today I decided to try some of my own:

They are really yummy and according to the recipe, they are healthier than what you buy prepackaged, which is a bonus!!! These ones have dried apricots and sultanas in them but the possibilities are endless. Heres the recipe:

Homemade Museli Bars
2 2/3 cups of Rolled Oats
2/3 cup of Oat Bran
2/3 cup of Plain Flour
1 1/2 cups of dried fruit of your choice
2/3 cup of apple juice concentrate
4 tbls of brown sugar
4 tbls honey
1 ts vanilla
Bake rolled oats and bran on a flat tray in a 180 degree oven for 10 mins. Put fruit into a bowl with the plain flour. Add oats and bran when done. On a medium heat, cook the apple juice, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla. Combine all together and press into a tin which has been lined with foil and sprayed lightly with cooking oil. Bake for a further 20 mins in the 180 degree oven. Cool, turn out and slice into bars..............Enjoy!!!

3 comments

  1. Sounds and looks yummy, so sorry Cohan has been sick hope he is on the mend now and hope you manage to get all your projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your son gets well soon!

    The recipe sounds intriguing. I love bars for breakfast but tire of the store-bought ones, so this would be a great alternative. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cohen--get well soon! Blasting hot summer weather here in Southern Calif, plus smoke from roaring wildfires

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊