Greg Mystery CAL Part 1

Earlier in the week, Shelly from Spin Cushions released the first installment of her new Greg Mystery CAL. I have been looking forward to this one, even though it is a mystery and I have no idea what I'm making. I decided to use this lovely cotton wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills:
This is a monotone blanket and there were some beautiful colours to choose from, so I choose this lovely Glacier, which will match our decor perfectly. I'm thinking I'll either throw this blanket over the couch or maybe at the end of our bed as more of a decorative throw.
The first block is called TOM and it was quite quick to crochet; I had half of the first one finished while I waited in the car, picking up Cohen from school. The pattern is very clearly written and easy to follow and I was quite proud of my first attempt.
I had to crochet nine of these little 5" blocks to complete the first part and because they are portable, I managed to finish them quite quickly either in the car or while dinner was cooking. All my ends were sewn in and then they were ready for blocking.
I love how blocking really exposes that centre wheel; they look so pretty. So Part 1 is complete and I'm (im)patiently waiting for the next installment.
I'd just like to take a moment to welcome all the new followers to my blog. I know most of you have come to visit from the lovely Jenny of Elefantz. Your comments and emails were all so lovely and encouraging (and I'm positive I have answered everyone but I apologise if I have missed a comment). For those who asked, I have added the "Follow By Email" link on my sidebar, as this is your preferred method of reading blogs. Also some of you asked for me to continue adding the collages of the Chatelaine Blocks, so I will add the ones I haven't yet shared, to next Wednesdays post. I hope you enjoy visiting my blog and find a little inspiration in the things I share.
Thanks again to everyone, especially to Jenny. She transformed one of my blocks into a gorgeous pincushion and it illustrates just how versatile it is to have a reference of sampler blocks in your collection for all your projects and I'm sure she will share it with you soon :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊