Sophie- Parts 14, 15 and 16

It's been a little while since I gave you an update on my Sophie blanket and although progress has been slow, it is still progressing. To be honest, I'm enjoying working on this blanket so much that I don't want it to end, hence me dragging my feet with its completion :).
Parts 14, 15 and 16 have been finished and each of the parts were fun to work on and really added something special to this already gorgeous blanket. Part 14 added the Butterfly Border:
This border was a lot easier than I thought it would be and its a really pretty feature of this blanket. I was looking forward to reaching this point as it frames the centre so well and I think it looks sweet. Its a very clever design element and very simple to crochet.  Part 15 added the next border:
This time it was a lovely popcorn flower border. These pretty flowers add such dimension and texture to the blanket and they create such a lovely frame; like a little rose garden. Part 16 added the beginnings of the third border:
This was a quick 3 row part, which is a little hard to see in the photo because its curled, but you get a better view of the butterfly and flower borders in this picture.
So that's were I'm currently at with my Sophie blanket. Next up are Parts 17 and 18 which will complete the third border. Then I'm skipping Part 19 (this is the optional round of Granny Squares which I do not wish to include) and I'm moving on to the final Part 20, which is an optional final border :)
For me, Sophie began as a project to use up leftover wool from other projects and even though I wanted to be able to complete the whole blanket, I wasn't sure my skill level would allow me to. With the end now in sight, I'm so proud of what I have achieved and what I have learnt along the way. Sophie will become a much loved and much used blanket when its finally completed :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊