Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 81

This week I have a gorgeous block for you called Blueberry Patch. This is a lovely pieced block and can you see the white sawtooth star, hiding in the background? Its a very easy block to sew together and I kept my palette soft and pretty but that star would really "pop" surrounded by some lovely bright fabrics.
Blueberries are a staple in our house. Not only are they a super food full of wonderful antioxidants but they are so versatile and can be used in lots of recipes.
For centuries, wild blueberries were used as a source of food and medicine. Berries were left to dry out in the sun and were then ground into a fine powder, preserving them for the winter. The powder would be mixed with ground corn meal and honey as a nourishing food during the colder months.
Growing your own blueberries requires a lot of love and planning, due to they rich nutrient requirements and protection from pests, so preparing a special patch in the vegetable garden (companion planting) would yield the most successful results.
To download this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
And lastly I have your collage of Blocks 73-81. They all look so lovely together and it wont be long until they will all be joined in our quilts:
Blocks 73- 81
Happy sewing :)

2 comments

  1. I love this block, the soft colors are so pretty, thank you once again. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your fabric choices in the block - its really pretty !

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊