Kaleidoscope Mini Quilt + Your Free June 2017 Calendar

Things have been quiet on the blog these last few weeks, but behind the scenes its been super busy at Threadbare headquarters :). I have two new quilt designs on the go, a pile of crochet to load into my Handmade Etsy shop, my Charlotte blanket is finished and being used but not photographed and we had a little family holiday to Melbourne (a very special Mother's Day treat for me, delighting in the sites, food and beauty of Southbank and the gorgeous Yarra River).
It is time though, for my new monthly mini and this month I have something quite different for you. Let me introduce Kaleidoscope to my pattern family:
I love using solids and this design was just perfect to showcase some pretty ones.  I wanted to add a simple FPP pattern to my range, for those who are new to paper piecing or thinking about giving it a try and this mini includes three sizes (10", 12" and 14") so you can chose which size you are more comfortable sewing. Its also a stunning little quilt for the more advanced paper piecer.
The quilt is constructed using a four patch grid and the pieces are nice and large, so the quilt goes together quite easily and quickly.
My best friend in Primary school always had the coolest toys or the latest craze and I remember the day she brought a Kaleidoscope to school to share with the class. I was amazed with this cylinder of gorgeous colours and patterns and since I was her bestie, she let me play with it most of the day. It wasn't until months later that I strongly encouraged my dad (in other words, I nagged,pestered and threw a tantrum) to buy me one too. It was my most prized possession for years.
This mini would look stunning in any colour combination and I chose mainly blues, teals, reds and that soft cheddar. I've included a colouring sheet to help you with your fabric/colour selection prior to sewing, so get creative and use all the colours.
I stippled my mini all over using a silky gold cotton. I love the texture it gives plus it adds a little sparkle to those gorgeous solids. I chose a simple black binding to finish and frame the quilt and I think it finishes it perfectly.
The PDF pattern includes easy to follow instructions and diagrams plus full sized FPP patterns for each size mini quilt, the colouring sheet and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hanging pockets.
If you would like to make your own Kaleidoscope mini quilt, from today until the end of June 2017 PDF patterns will be available for the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, PDF patterns are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
I also have your free June 2017 Calendar, featuring the stunning Kaleidoscope;
You can download and print your free calendar, HERE.
I hope you love Kaleidoscope as much as I do. Its a fun little quilt to sew and its quite a stunner.
If you need any help with paper piecing, I have a two part tutorial HERE and HERE which explains the process and gives links to some fantastic videos etc.
Hopefully my blog posts will be more regular next month as I have so much to share with you. I cant wait to show you what I've been working on :)
Happy sewing :)

1 comment

  1. It is FABULOUS! Your stippling is so neat, too. A beautiful quiltlet in stunning colors. Thank you for using it in the calendar!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊