Triangular Log Cabin Pincushions- Tutorial from Jeni Baker


Last Sunday I was in desperate need of a quick finish sewing project and these clever Triangular Log Cabin Pincushions from Jeni Baker of In Color Order had been on my "must try list" for weeks. Jeni has a wonderful step by step photo tutorial on her blog and all you need are some fabric scraps and a bit of uninterrupted sewing time; coffee and chocolate is optional ;)


The Log Cabin block is everyone's favorite and this triangular version is so much fun to sew. Once your fabrics are selected and cut, it sews together really quickly and you have a new pincushion to add to your collection.
I don't know about you but there's no such thing as too many pincushions :) and the shape of these was a little hard to resist.


You could make a batch of these as presents for your crafty friends or to sell at the school fair; the possibilities are endless as everyone loves a cute pincushion. I can guarantee that you wont stop at just one, these little guys are very addictive.


I'm sure you're going to want to make a few of these so grab your fabric scraps and head over to Jeni's blog HERE for the free tutorial. I had a fun afternoon in the sewing room making a batch of pincushions and the quick finish was exactly what I needed as I have a few big, long term projects on the go.


Have fun and happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊