Week Ending (November 18)


Happy Sunday friends! I hope your enjoying your weekend and finding some creative time whether its in the sewing room, the kitchen or in your favorite chair in front of the television.
This week I have seven fantastic sewing and crochet gift giving ideas and the best part is... all the patterns are freebies, so lets see what I found:


  • Firstly, Mandy from Crochet Redagape had just released a free pattern for a C2C Christmas Tree and its gorgeous. I love how she's adorned it with a pom pom as a star and some Christmas bells...so sweet! You could make a wall hanging but the design would also be perfect as a cushion front.
  • Holly from Maker Valley has a guest post over at Diary Of A Quilter and shes sharing a free tutorial for a Patchwork Plaid Christmas Quilt. This quilt is adorable and nothing says Christmas like a pretty red and green plaid. 
  • Even though its summer here, this Easy Crochet Brooklyn Ridge Hat from Sewrella is a great gift idea and super quick and easy to crochet. I love all of Ashleighs patterns and I think this hat is a definite must make.
  • There are lots of free patterns on Craftsy but I think this Tall Tree Christmas Pillow is my new favorite. The pattern is by The Inspired Wren and I love everything about this pillow, from the applique to the buttons.
  • What child wouldn't love these adorable Christmas Mice as a gift - and by child I mean me ;) Click on the link for the mice pattern first and then go back to crochet the hat and scarf. Too cute!
  • New pajamas's for Christmas Eve has been a long standing tradition in our family but I've always given store brought ones. Melly Sews has a great tutorial for sewing your own Pajama Pants Gift Set and it included a matching drawstring bag to gift them. Super sweet!
  • And lastly, a handmade gift bag adds that personal touch to any gift and I'm loving these Mini Christmas Gift Baskets from Sewn Ideas. There's a free tutorial and they look like heaps of fun to sew.

That's it for another week. I hope you found something inspiring. Don't forget I have a free Christmas Mug Rug pattern which also makes a great teachers or neighbours gift. These are fun to sew!
Next Sunday I'll have seven new links and I'm focusing on gift ideas for your crafting buddies :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Happy Week Ending :)

2 comments

  1. I always look forward to your Week Ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kate ☺ i hope you found some fun ideas ☺

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊