Cherry Ripe Truffles

A couple of years ago I shared a recipe on Instagram for some Cherry Ripe Truffles, and at this time of year I get so many of you coming to the blog looking for that recipe and its not here. I thought it was time to add it to the files, and save me having to type it out in individual emails :)


Last Saturday, Maddi and I made a huge batch of these to box up and gift to co-workers, neighbours etc. and trust me, they are the best truffle ever!!! I only grabbed a couple of photos to show you but I'll link all the ingredients so you can find substitutes if they're not available in your part of the world.
We make them with Double Dipped Cherry Ripes but my girlfriend Annie also makes them with Peppermint Crisps, and she has tried them with Turkish Delights - the Cherry Ripe one is my favorite though.


They are super quick and easy, so here's what you'll need:

In a food processor, add the Chocolate Ripple biscuits and the Cherry Ripe bars (roughly broken into 4 or 5 pieces) and blitz until you have a fine mix resembling breadcrumbs. Put the mix into a large bowl and add the cocoa powder, stirring to combine. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir well. Roll the mixture into balls and then roll in coconut. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and put them in the fridge to firm up for an hour or two before serving or wrapping them in boxes or cellophane as gifts.
Just a quick note about the sweetened condensed milk - I add 1/2 of the can to the mixture first and work it in. I then add small amounts at a time until I'm happy with the consistency. 


And that's it - a super quick and absolutely delicious truffle to share with friends. I hope this helps everyone find the recipe easier - I didn't realise how popular it would be when I posted it to Instagram but I'm so glad you love them.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Happy Christmas baking :)

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the great recipes, the kids (2&3y.o) and I have just made the apricot and marshmallow logs and the cheety ripe truffles and will wrap and gift them for the relatives ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats great Amber. I hope everyone enjoys them 😊 and i hope the kids had fun helping 😍

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊