Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Parcels

Happy Thursday guys! I've got a yummy savory recipe for you today. Friends of ours had a games night on Saturday night, and I took a plate of Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Parcels because I hate going anywhere empty handed. I usually serve these parcels with a simple salad for a quick weekend lunch, but they proved to be such a popular savory that I thought you might enjoy them too.


These are one of the simplest savories you'll ever make, and I do cheat and use store brought pastry and a roast chicken from the supermarket - we all need recipes like this is our files so we can spend more time quilting right?
Its also a great recipe for left over chicken and you can always freeze the parcels and to use them for weekend lunches or an easy dinner.


My recipe makes twelve parcels but if you're planning on making more then I'd suggest boiling some chicken breasts in a pot of water instead of using the supermarket roast chicken - its much more economical.
Spinach and ricotta are amazing in any savory but the chicken adds a whole other element to these yummy parcels. Its a nice surprise to find these tender juicy chunks in the filling, and chicken works so well with the other ingredients.


The filling is lush and the ricotta balances this savory with its creamy, slightly sweet flavor. I use baby spinach and I throw it all in the pan and saute it with some garlic until its wilted. You can rip the spinach into smaller pieces if you want, but I don't mind chunks of this gorgeous green.
I do use quite a lot of spinach but it doesn't overpower the other ingredients, and its a yummy way to get your daily dose of iron and all those other wonderful super food nutrients.


My plate of savories disappeared very quickly at the games night, and everyone asked for the recipe which is always nice. They really couldn't be simpler and we all love recipes like that don't we? It makes it look like we made more of an effort than we actually did. ;)
If you would like to try my Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Parcels recipe you can click on the link or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer.



The next time you get together with friends, make a plate of these Chicken, Spinach and Ricotta Parcels to share. They will thank you for it and I'm sure they will want the recipe as well.
I hope you enjoy them! :)


Happy baking :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊