Week Ending - April 18

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How's your week been? 

It's been cold and miserable down here, and I think we're in for a long and nasty winter! Sickness raged through our family this week, so very little was done but I did order some yarn for a new winter project I'm excited about (you'll find it in this weeks list).

I may not have been able to lift my head from the pillow at times, but I did find you some inspiring projects, so let's go: 

  • Kitchen Table Quilting is hosting The World's Most Informal QAL for the Cleo Quilt Pattern. QAL's like this are fun and informative and there's no need for prizes -  a lot of time and work goes into organising a QAL and they encourage you to create something beautiful without compete for prizes. You will need to purchase a copy of the pattern and the quilt is stunning!
  • I made these BBQ Meatballs from Grandbaby Cakes earlier in the week and they were delicious. We love turkey or chicken meatballs and rissoles, and the sauce just took these to another level. There's lots of ingredients, but they were easy to make and we'll definitely be having them again!


  • A Beautiful Mess shared a tutorial for their DIY Felt Flower Mobile and I love this! They made it for a nursery but you could hang it anywhere (I want one for my sewing room). It's a real statement piece and easy to make, so give it a go!
  • Digital patterns are the preferred choice now days, and Jeni from In Color Order shared her tips for How To Organise Digital Patterns. You'll never lose another pattern again and it's easier to transfer files from computers to memory sticks etc., when they are all organised and together. Great tips!
  • Kat from The Organised Housewife shared her Mother's Day Gift Guide and there's some fun ideas in here. She has links to purchase the items if you want, but it gives you a starting point for choosing something special and unique for your mum - I love the My Mum or My Grandma Interview books :)



  • I've ordered the yarn for the Wildwood Plaid Blanket and I can't wait to start. This is a free pattern from Two of Wands and it looks perfectly cozy for winter. It's easier than it looks and there's weaving involves which excites me. I'll be stalking the postman this week so I can get crocheting! 
  • Even though it's autumn here, it's spring everywhere else and it has me planning additions to my cut flower garden later in the year. Courtney from French Country Cottage has lots of tips and ideas for planting an English Cottage Cutting Garden, which you can either plan or plant now depending on your location. If nothing else, her photos are so pretty and you can take a blissful trip around her garden!

And that's it for another week! I hope you're planning a creative week ahead!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊