Alice Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


I've been on many adventures through the pages of books, but none as unforgettable as Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Carroll took me to vivid and whimsical places as a young girl and he still takes me on that same amazing adventure today.

I wanted to design a new mini quilt pattern to celebrate this extraordinary book, so please welcome the gorgeous Alice to my pattern family.

Isn't she a stunner? She was a joy to design and create, and she exceeded my expectations and completely captured my heart - I'm totally smitten with this one!


You can bet that after reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland that first time, I hunted everywhere for a talking white rabbit carrying a pocket watch. It was my dream to find Wonderland and make friends with its illustrious characters. Every child looks for adventure and believes anything is possible - it's such a shame we all have to grow up! ;(

I had a great aunt Alice and whenever we visited her home, I'd hunt around her vast garden looking for the hole to fall through - my child mind thought she was the connection to the story! Aunt Alice was an infectious person, full of life and fun, but sadly she lost her adult (and only) child to suicide and although her mouth smiled, her eyes revealed her pain. She never recovered from her loss, and I often thought if I could just find that hole and take her with me, I could make her happy again! If only it was that simple, right?

I read Alice to my children, and I will read it to my grandchildren. It will forever and always be my favorite story!


The Alice Mini Quilt is a darling foundation paper pieced design, and it finishes at around 14" square. The paper piecing is quite easy, and the sections are very manageable, so this mini quilt comes together very quickly - a great weekend project if you're looking for one!

I again used the gorgeous reds, blues and pinks from the Edyta Sitar's Super Bloom range as I thought these fabrics were perfect - don't these colours make you think of Alice in Wonderland

There's a colouring sheet provided in the PDF pattern so you can plan your mini, and I can't wait to see the fabric/colour combinations you come up with!


Alice is a stunning block, and you could mix and match her with some of my other designs to make a full sized quilt, or make multiples of this one and add some sashings and cornerstones.

The beauty of these mini quilt patterns is how versatile they are to you in your quilting journey - they can be used for an array of projects from cushions to quilts! 

If you've purchased a pattern of mine and you require a different finished size, I'm always happy to make adjustments for you (if it's possible) to suit your needs. Just message me from Etsy via the purchase invoice, and we'll talk :)


The Alice Mini Quilt PDF Pattern also includes written instructions and diagrams to make piecing your quilt easy and fun, and I've included any tips I think are useful to help you out. The paper piecing templates are full size, and I've included optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers so you can display your quilt on your mini wall.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the Alice Mini Quilt PDF Pattern, patterns are now available in my shop and until the end of October 2021, they are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU + taxes where applicable). 

Simply click the link below to purchase:



I hope you love Alice as much as I do. She was a fun pattern to design and bring to life, and she'll be a wonderful reminder to me of that timeless children's book and my great Aunt Alice.

While I never found my rabbit hole, I don't think we should stop looking. Live life with a child's heart and always believe anything is possible!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊