Scarlett Mini Quilt - PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size, but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


As I was planning the design for this month's mini quilt, I looked to some of the classic fictional loves for inspiration - Valentine's Day is approaching after all. There are so many great love stories, but I settled on Gone with the Wind - it's controversial but it gave us the unforgettable Miss Scarlett O'Hara. 

Scarlett loved liked no other! She was hardheaded, narcissistic, selfish, cruel and persistent in her attempts to win the affections of her beloved Ashley Wilkes, but all to no avail - his heart belonged to the sweet and gentle Melanie. 

As February is the month of love, I thought Scarlett was the perfect way to celebrate and she's such an impactful mini quilt, not unlike the dark-haired, green-eyed Georgia belle she's named after.


I was a teenager when I watched Gone with the Wind for the first time, and the stunning costumes, lavish plantations and the gorgeous Vivien Leigh and Olivia de Havilland captivated me, but there were many other lessons to learn from this film. 

I knew very little of American history or literature (it wasn't taught in Australian schools), and this film led me to seek out American authors such as Toni Morrison, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Wally Lamb, Maya Angelou, Breena Clarke, Ernest J. Gaines and many many more.

These days I learn so much from my quilting journey. History is held in the blocks we sew, the antique quilts we admire, and the symbols and stories behind them. 


Scarlett is a petite and versatile 14" square foundation paper pieced mini quilt pattern. She's easy to sew and you'll have lots of fun choosing fabric combinations for this one.

If you need a little help with foundation paper piecing, check out the tutorials I have here on the blog. They should offer you some guidance and remember I'm always here to answer any questions you might have:


I do have plans to add more paper piecing tutorials during 2023, so let me know if there's something in particular you'd like to see.


The Scarlett Mini Quilt PDF Pattern includes step by step assembly instructions and coloured diagrams, plus full sized FPP templates so you can print and sew straightaway without any fuss.

I've also included a few tips I thought might help you along the way, but knowledge of foundation paper piecing is required.

There are optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers to display your mini quilt and a colouring sheet to assist with planning your mini quilt prior to sewing.

Scarlett will look great in any fabric combination, so play around and have fun!


Scarlett was a spoilt, determined, wily and self centred character, but this mini quilt is a pure delight to sew. She's dramatic, but playful and a welcome addition to my pattern family.

If you would like to sew your own Scarlett Mini Quilt, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU + taxes where applicable)

Simply click the link below to purchase your copy:


I hope you enjoy the Scarlett Mini Quilt PDF Pattern. She brings me joy and I can't help but smile when I see her hanging in the sewing room!

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)



 

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊