Calendar Girls - Norma (Block Eleven)

Do you want to sew the blocks from my Free 2023 Calendar? Come and meet the Calendar Girls and join me in a very, very casual sew along!


Morning lovely!

Welcome to Block Eleven of my Calendar Girls sew along! Every second Wednesday I'm releasing one block pattern from my Free 2023 Calendar for you to sew in any project you desire!

This week's block shares its name with a perky little pocket rocket who was best friends with my mother-in-law and also my husband's godmother. This woman meant the world to us - she was an absolute legend wrapped up in a tiny bubbly package!

Let me introduce you to Norma!


Our eleventh block is the perky and bubbly Norma.

She is a foundation paper pieced block, and everyone loves a pineapple block!

Norma is a pocket rocket full of fun! She's the life of every party and she'll have you laughing till your sides ache. She loves everyone, and you'll be welcomed into the folds of her family as soon as you meet.  She loves to dance and laugh, have a few sneaky alcoholic beverages and she loves to talk - this lady does not stop talking, ever! She's bubby and fun and views life through rose coloured glasses. Her home is your home and you're welcome to relax on her porch and enjoy the views of the city while she holds your hand and captures your heart.

Norma was my husband's godmother and best friend to Evelyn.


My goal was to make these block patterns as easy as possible for you, so Norma is constructed using the quick and accurate foundation paper piecing method. This block is pieced as one template, so its quick and easy and there's no joining - although you will need to join the templates for the 8", 10" and 12" blocks due to their size.

You'll require four pretty prints and a background fabric to complete your block and I love the ones I chose for this block. It looks fantastic in any combination, so get creative.

A colouring sheet is included in the free PDF pattern, so you can play around with combinations prior to sewing.


The free PDF pattern includes full sized templates and assembly instructions and diagrams for four sizes of the Norma block - 6", 8", 10" & 12".  It's up to you how many you sew or how you use them - you have two weeks until the release of the next block, so sew lots!

Just mentioning again, there are no fabric requirements included in the pattern.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is a must, and the FPP templates are full sized for each of the block sizes, so you can print and sew without any fuss.

If you need help with FPP, you can find my tutorials here:


You can always email me with any questions or concerns you may have with FPP - I'll help if I can!


Everything you need to make your own Norma block is in the free pattern and to download and print your copy, simply click the link:


Have fun sewing this block! I can't find the words to express exactly what Norma meant to me - she was an amazing lady! She would have been so honoured to be one of my Calendar Girls and I know she would have shed a tear.

The next and the last block in the series is the wise and loquacious Honor!


I can't wait to introduce you to Honor on Wednesday 2nd of August. This has been such a fun series to work on with you and this last block shares its name with my great, great aunt.

Have fun sewing Norma lovely! I can't wait to see what you create with these Calendar Girl Blocks.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:



Happy quilting :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊