Week Ending - September 24

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had a lovely week.

We welcomed the spring equinox (Ostara) with a garden tea party and the grandchildren loved it.  We painted rocks, made sun catchers and planted wildflowers - I'm pretty sure all the seed is in one spot but that's ok ;) There were bubbles, music and pretty cakes and we made some wonderful new memories. Highlights of the day were painting with Landon (so fun) and Iris's expression of pure delight at her first taste of a macaron - priceless!

I did find you some wonderful projects this week, so let's take a look:

  • The Floral Headband from Start Knitting and is a free pattern that I just had to bookmark. I've fallen in love with knitting again and I'd love to make some of these for Miss Iris. They look adorable and a great quick project.
  • I made some of the Chocolate Covered Coconut Bounty Bars for our garden party and they were quite nice - not as delicious as a Bounty but pretty close. This three-ingredient recipe is from Baking Cherry, and I would make it again.



  • I also made a set of Daisy Coasters using the free pattern from Doni Speigle and these added a fun touch to our table. This is a free pattern on Ravelry and they come together very quickly - a fun project to work on while you relax during the evening.
  • Joe June and Mae has a stunning Sail Boat Quilt Block available in her shop and I think this is so fun. It's an FPP pattern and available as an PDF download and it's for a 12" block which makes it perfect for a wide variety of projects. While I was on her site, I also found a Christmas Truck Quilt Block pattern and I know these are very popular. Bookmark this until you're ready to sew for Christmas.



  • I'm still craving all things honey, so I've added these Honey Cupcakes from Mildly Meandering to my must make list. These will be perfect for a family picnic we've organised in a few weeks - if I can wait that long ;)
  • Are your quilt scraps becoming overwhelming? My Golden Thimble has A Beginner's Guide to Crumb Quilting to help you whittle down your stash. There's lots of tips and hacks and it's a very informative read.
  • For those welcoming autumn, I found a gorgeous free Fall Leaves Quilt Block pattern from The Sewing Loft that you might like. I think you have to sign up to the newsletter to grab the pattern but it's cute and there's two sizes to choose from.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something to create.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well!


Happy Week Ending :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊