Easter Basket Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Add a touch of Easter to your home with this cute and simple Easter Basket Mini Quilt Pattern. It's subtle and sweet and perfect for decorating this time of year!


Morning lovely! I have a super sweet mini quilt pattern for you today.

Easter Saturday is our annual Easter Egg Hunt with neighbours and friends, and every year it grows in numbers as new family members arrive or other families join in the fun. I decided to decorate our hunting space with a vinyl welcome sign I cut on my Cricut.  While Les was constructing the post to hold it in place, I decided it needed a little something extra.

The Easter Basket Mini Quilt was the perfect solution, and I can't wait to put all of the components together ready for our egg hunt.


I found the basket block on EQ8 and I added a few Easter eggs to go with the theme. It's simple and sweet and the kids will love it!

I used some pretty grey fabrics for the basket because we have light grey buckets for the kids to use this year, and I've personalised them with vinyl decals bunny faces and each child's name. 

The fabrics for the Easter Eggs are scraps I had left over from my Easter HST 2.0 quilt and they're super cute with tiny bunnies, carrots and florals.


The Easter Basket Mini Quilt finishes at around 12" square so it's perfect for my sign, but it would also make a great cushion front, table topper or crumb catcher for your Easter celebrations.

It could also be used with other blocks to create a full-sized quilt, or you could make multiples for tablecloths, table runners or bed throws.

It's very quick to make so you could sew a few for gifts instead of chocolate this Easter season.


The Easter Basket Mini Quilt is constructed using the foundation paper piecing method and there's nothing tricky about this one - you'll have a finished mini quilt in a few hours.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is essential and if you need a little help, you can follow any of my tutorials here:



I'm only an email away if you need some extra help with foundation paper piecing, so contact me if you have any questions or concerns.


The PDF pattern includes assembly instructions with coloured diagrams, full sized FPP templates ready to print and use, and a colouring sheet to help you plan your mini quilt prior to piecing.

There are also optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve and corner hangers to display your quilt this Easter.

I've also included any tips that I think might help make sewing your quilt easy and fun!


I love my Easter Basket Mini Quilt and I'm sure it's going to delight the kids when they arrive for our egg hunt.

If you would like to make your own Easter Basket Mini Quilt this Easter, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop at the low price of $1.99 (AU + taxes where applicable). 

Simply click the link below to purchase a copy of the PDF pattern:


I hope this mini quilt brings some joy to your Easter. It's the perfect finishing touch for our egg hunt sign and a quick and easy project to make at this time of year!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)



No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊