Easter HST Quilt 2.0 - My Finished Quilt

Making an Easter quilt adds a festive touch to your home, and with so many wonderful novelty prints available a simple design and layout is all you need. Join me and sew my Easter HST Quilt 2.0!


Hi friends! How are you going with your Easter HST Quilt 2.0? I finished mine over the weekend and it's being used and loved already - just in time I might add, it's cold, extremely windy and it hasn't stopped raining! To my NSW readers who are experiencing catastrophic flooding - our thoughts are with you! Stay safe!

Don't worry if you didn't join in my casual Easter sew along, you can still use the pattern for any quilt or any season. I'm thinking I might make one in Christmas fabrics later in the year - Landon will need a quilt on Christmas Eve when we're out looking at the lights and for Carols in the Park!

You can find each installment by clicking the following links:



I looooved the Easter Egg Hunt fabrics while they were in the bundle, but they gave me grief in this quilt. With only 18 fabrics, it was difficult to achieve a balanced layout of colour and prints, so I did the best I could with what I had!

At one point I had the top sewn together and decided to remove blocks and remake them in different fabrics just to balance everything out. This was absolute insanity and very time consuming, and in the end I decided to just stop and love my quilt exactly as it was!

You can drive yourself mad trying to make sure no two prints or colours are close together, but finished is better than perfect and I had to remember why I wanted to sew this quilt in the first place.


Warm quilty snuggles and a good book (or three) are my big plans for Easter!

Regardless of the colour balance, this quilt is fun, pretty and very, very snuggly, and I'm going to drag this baby around all holidays and enjoy some down time with the family!

It's a great size for the couch, the bed or my reading nook, and I can throw it in the car to use as a picnic quilt (weather permitting of course).


It quilted up so quickly and easily (a little movement due to the bias cuts), and I love the texture the serpentine quilting creates - it makes the quilt look inviting and cozy!

I haven't washed my quilt yet, so I'm hoping it crinkles up really well. :)

I had two fabrics picked for the bindings - the Coral Bunny fabric and the Mint Flower Garden fabric. I decided on the mint fabric because it was soft and pretty, and the perfect frame for my quilt.


It's not a proper photo shoot without the paws of approval from Maria. 

Throughout the whole construction and quilting process, she would find some way to sleep on it so it's no surprise she's claimed it as her own as well ;)

She's good company in the sewing room, and even though I've given her a quilt of her own, she prefers whichever quilt I'm currently working on and can be quite territorial and annoyed if I move her!


I hope you've enjoyed sewing your version of my Easter HST Quilt 2.0. It's been a fun sew along to put together and I really do love my quilt.

It's going to bring warmth and snuggles to my family during Easter as we relax, eat chocolate and enjoy the most important things in life - time together!

I hope your quilt is well loved and well used by your family as well! :)


Happy quilting :)

email signature

4 comments

  1. Your quilt is so pretty. I do understand your comment about trying to get the color balance in your blocks and it can be maddening. I love quilts with lots of fabrics and have just tried to start a color count so I make the same number of blocks from each color group ---- but then it is still a struggle to lay them all out and achieve that balance. Funny once made, I don't really even notice where the colors fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Teresa! Once it was quilted and bound, I hardly noticed where the colours fell. I'm not great at scrappy at the best of times, but this one really gave me grief! I love it so much though and when I'm snuggled under it, it really doesn't matter :)

      Delete
  2. I love your quilt! The instructions are great and I think it would make a good quilt for all the Holiday's, just the right size to snuggle under anywhere you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yes its the perfect size for snuggling under. I hope you have fun with the pattern :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊