Week Ending - April 21

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been kind.

I've read some amazing books so far this year (some that moved me far more than I expected - A Little Life), so I thought it might be fun to share some bookish projects with you this week. If you have any book recommendations, please share in the comments or follow me on Goodreads (Rose Johnston) and I'll follow you back.

My recommendation to you - The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese. This book is beautifully written and immerses you in the lives of the characters and the sights, sounds and scents of India. It imprinted my heart and I still cry when I think about the ending! 

Let's see what projects I found:

  • Pretty bookmarks are a must and Lauren from Molly and Mama has a wonderful tutorial for her Hexie Bookmark. It's the absolute sweetest and to receive the free pattern simply sign up to her newsletter for access.
  • Kristen Holloway Designs has a Vintage Crochet Lace Bookmark which is simply stunning as well. She has used thread for the crochet to make it delicate and not too bulky between the pages and I can't wait to try this one - it will be perfect for my classic leatherbound novels.




  • The Book Nerd Quilt from Ruby Seppings is amazing. The book blocks are paper pieced, and she has appliqued titles on the spines and some of the front covers. The PDF pattern is available in her shop, and this is a must make for all book lovers.
  • Kane Crochet has a YouTube tutorial for a Sunflower Crochet Book Bag and this would be perfect for taking your books outdoors. Your book is protected and it's a cute accessory to take to the park or to book club.
  • If you're looking for a quick and easy book bag pattern to take to the bookshop or library, then 30 Minute Craft have a 30 Minute Book Bag tutorial that's perfect. You could choose some bookish fabric or add a vinyl decal with your favorite book quote. Fun and quick idea!




  • Encourage the kids to read with their own book bag. Sew Simple Home has a Little Fabric Scripture Tote Tutorial that is just adorable and the perfect size for little ones. They can carry their books, pens and pencils, stickers and little toys and you can personalise it to their tastes.
  • And of course, you need the perfect reading snack. Why not try The Raspberry Bliss Balls from The Cooking Collective. They're made using frozen raspberries so they can be enjoyed any time of year and they're a healthy no bake snack you can indulge on.


And that's it for another week. I hope you found something fun to create.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊