Diana Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


Morning lovely! 

It's a new month and time for a new mini quilt pattern so please welcome the stunning Diana to my pattern family!

You might know this design as the Hunter's Star, and I specifically choose this simple block pattern because it could be pieced using two fabrics. I have an exciting experiment to share with you in a three-part Quilting 101 series where I'll use Diana again - more on that next week!

It's such a stunning design and great for all paper piecing levels.


Diana was a Roman goddess who was considered to be the patron of the countryside, nature, the hunt, animals and during the night, she was the goddess of the moon. She was also a fertility deity invoked by women for conception and childbirth and the goddess of the underworld, ushering people between life and death.

Diana is represented as a beautiful and passionate goddess who had many different strong and powerful personalities. Her great love was the huntsman Orion, and she was tricked into shooting him by her twin brother Apollo. In her distress she searched for Orion in the underworld and elevated him to the heavens.

It's not lost on me that Diana the goddess was the hunter, and our own Princess Diana was the hunted.


I had intended to use red and white fabrics for Diana, but I found this gorgeous navy with blush flowers and gold details in my stash, and I knew it would be perfect. It gave the design a dramatic feel and any shade of blue is my favorite, so it was a non brainer really.

You can use two fabrics like I have or add another to give the star more contrast - half the fun is deciding which fabrics to use, right?

But I also have another version to show you later in the month. In my Quilting 101 posts we're going back to basics and trying something fun and quite addictive.


Diana finishes at a versatile 14" square making her beginner friendly and a quick mini quilt to sew. She is constructed using the foundation paper piecing method and you can have a new mini quilt finished in just a few hours.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is essential and if you need a little help, you can follow any of my tutorials here:



I'm only an email away if you need some extra help with foundation paper piecing, so contact me if you have any questions or concerns.


The foundation templates for Diana are nice and big and very easy to piece. It's basic construction and you'll breeze through them all is no time.

My only advice is to cut the fabrics quite generously to allow for perfect coverage of the templates.

Otherwise, there's nothing particularly tricky about the Diana Mini Quilt. It goes together beautifully, and I've included coloured diagrams to help your construct your quilt with confidence.


The Diana Mini Quilt PDF Pattern includes step by step assembly instructions and full-sized templates so you can print and sew without any fuss.

There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to piecing your mini quilt, and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers to display your quilt on your mini wall.

I've also included any tips I feel are useful for constructing this mini, and I've been generous when calculating fabric requirements so you can sew with peace of mind.  


Diana was an absolute delight to produce, and she's a welcome addition to my pattern family.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the Diana Mini Quilt PDF Pattern, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop and until the end of May 2024 they will be at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU + taxes where applicable).

Simply click to link to purchase your copy today:



I hope you enjoy sewing your version of the stunning Diana. She brings me so much joy and such a fun mini quilt to sew! And don't forget to look out for on my Quilting 101 posts this month and see Diana in a different fabric.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊