Butterfly Quilt Block PDF Pattern

Whimsical quilt blocks are playful and fun, and perfect for seasonal and childrens quilts. I've added a new section to my Etsy shop for quilt blocks and today I have a new design for you!


Morning lovely!

Last month I added a new section to my Etsy shop to include a range of whimsical and fun quilt blocks that are perfect for seasonal or children's quilts or for those times you feel like sewing a playful block.

The first block was the Bird House Quilt Block, and you showed it lots of love, thank you so much!  

This month I have a block that just might be my favorite block of all time, the Butterfly Quilt Block.

How sweet is this butterfly? I love how it delicately dances in the background of the block. Its peaceful and tranquil and would look stunning in any quilting project.


Butterflies have always fascinated me. Their beautiful wings are a canvas for some of the most visually striking patterns in nature. Their graceful dance from flower to flower is mesmerizing and my inner child wants to chase them as they frolic about the garden.

They are a symbol of transformation, renewal and hope and they represent the cycle of life and how we should experience everything this wonderful world offers. The butterfly's metamorphosis from caterpillar, to cocoon, to insect, is an inspiring natural process which many believe is a sign of personal growth, enlightenment and resilience.

The Threadbare Creations pattern logo has always included a butterfly as they also represent freedom. As a creative it's important to let go of expectations and embrace a lighthearted and carefree approach to creating, and to find joy in the simplest of things.


The Butterfly Quilt Block is constructed using the foundation paper piecing method and this one is a little labour intensive but so much fun.

There are some smaller pieces to paper piece and lots of templates to join, but the confident paper piecer will enjoy the challenge.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is essential and if you need a little help, you can follow any of my tutorials here:



I'm only an email away if you need some extra help with foundation paper piecing, so contact me if you have any questions or concerns.


The Butterfly Quilt Block PDF Pattern includes step by step assembly instructions and full-sized templates for four block sizes - 6", 8", 10" & 12" so you can print and sew without any fuss.

There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to piecing your mini quilt.

I've also included any tips I feel are useful for constructing the block, and I've calculated the fabric requirements for the largest block size so you can choose your fabrics with piece of mind.


Blocks like these remind me let go, have fun and play in the sewing room! I hope you enjoy sewing the
Butterfly Quilt Block and that it adds something whimsical and charming to your quilt.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the Butterfly Quilt Block PDF Pattern, they are now available in my Etsy shop at the small price of $2.99 (AU + taxes where applicable). Simply click the link below to grab your copy:


The Butterfly Quilt Block was so fun to create and I'm eager to add some more playful and fun blocks to my Etsy shop. 

If you have any suggestions for me, just let me know - I'm happy to give anything a try and create a collection you'll love and use in all your quilting projects!

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊