Wholemeal Pancakes with Berries & Maple Syrup

Make a batch of Wholemeal Pancakes with Berries & Maple Syrup and eat breakfast like a king. They're quick and easy and a wonderful way to start your day!


Winter mornings are for cosying up in bed a little longer with a steaming cup of coffee, listening to the rain batter against the windowpane and enjoying the peace and beauty of this magical season. 

It's also the season to slow down, be present and start the day savoring comforting flavours that nurture your well-being. Simplifying your life and implementing intentional winter routines can bring a sense of peace, inspiration and growth to the season.

One of my favorite morning rituals is to make a batch of Wholemeal Pancakes with Berries & Maple Syrup - they are simply delicious!


The slow rhythm of mixing the batter by candlelight, sets the tone for my day. There's no need to rush and my mind isn't buzzing with tasks that need to be completed - I'm immersed in the moment, and this is my me time!

It doesn't happen every morning - life isn't that picture perfect - but I indulge in this ritual whenever I can. 

The grandkids love these pancakes too, so if it's a Nanna day we cook together and is there anything better than sticky syrup toddler kisses? Nope! :)


These Wholemeal Pancakes are so easy to make, and they are very freezer friendly. If it's a particularly busy week I will make a double batch and freeze them in portions which can be reheated in the microwave - a delicious breakfast that's ready in two minutes.

They are light and fluffy, and the perfect flavor and texture and they are a healthier breakfast option. 

We enjoy them drizzled with maple syrup and served with berries or banana, but you can go crazy with toppings - honey, golden syrup, caramel sauce, poached pears, Greek yoghurt, nuts, jams or spread just to name a few.


You can also make a chocolate version by removing 2 tablespoons of wholemeal flour and replacing it with 2 tablespoons of cacao powder. Very yummy!

They do contain flaxseed which provides protein, fibre and Omega 3 fatty acids, and they give the pancakes a mild nutty flavour. 

Although flaxseed has many health benefits it may not be for everyone so talk to the staff at the health food shop if you have any concerns. Simply omit the flaxseed if it's not suitable for you.


Winter is one of my favorite seasons and I love the magical moments that are found in a chilly morning. 

You can ponder the day ahead in silent contemplation with a warm cup of coffee and a delicious breakfast and the rest of the world melts away.

If you would like to download the recipe card for the Wholemeal Pancakes with Berries & Maple Syrup, simply click on the link or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer:


 
I hope you enjoy these Wholemeal Pancakes with Berries & Maple Syrup. They bring a touch of light to these dark mornings of winter hibernation, and they're utterly delicious.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy baking :)




No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊