Crystal Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Mini quilts may be small in size but they're super fun to sew! They're a fast finish with less commitment and every month I add a new design to my pattern family to tempt you!


Morning lovely!

I have a gorgeous new mini quilt pattern to share with you today. This design is simple yet stunning and one with so many possibilities.

She's such a pretty mini quilt, so please welcome Crystal to my pattern family.

This design reminded me of the birthstone studs they pierced our ears with back in the day - maybe they still do! Can you remember the cardboard stand of birthstones that sat on the chemist's counter and glistened in the overhead lights?


I grew up in a time when girls wore bracelets with their names engraved on them (as if we were likely to forget), necklaces with our star sign and earrings representing our birthstones - unfortunately for me I was born in December and my birthstone was emerald.

My favorite colour was any shade of blue :(

I sooo wanted to pretend my birthday fell in March so I could wear aquamarine studs but mum and the lady piercing my ears would not allow it - I went home with green studs and found yet another reason to wish my birthday wasn't so close to Christmas! Entitled I know, but that's youth!


To bring Crystal to life, I choose shades of blue, and I threw in a light grey to add contrast and make those stunning blues pop and shimmer!

Crystal would look stunning in any fabric combination, and I really want to see one clever quilter make all twelve birthstones and bring them together in one quilt - how fun would that be?

Here's some inspiration for you:


Crystal finishes at around 14" square, and it is a foundation paper pieced pattern. She's a fun quilt to construct and the perfect weekend project for all paper piecing levels.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is essential and if you need a little help, you can follow any of my tutorials here:



I'm only an email away if you need some extra help with foundation paper piecing, so contact me if you have any questions or concerns.


The foundation paper piecing templates for Crystal are very easy to piece and she's constructed in eight easy sections.  Each section is pieced as one unit making is perfect for all quilting levels.

Beginners will especially love this mini quilt and if you need some guidance then read my Paper Piecing Tips and Tricks blogpost to help you join the units together.

Otherwise, there's nothing particularly tricky about the Crystal Mini Quilt. She goes together beautifully, and I've included coloured diagrams to help your construct your quilt with confidence.


The Crystal Mini Quilt PDF Pattern includes step by step assembly instructions and full-sized templates so you can print and sew without any fuss.

There's also a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to piecing your mini quilt, and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers to display your quilt on your mini wall.

I've also included any tips I feel are useful for constructing this mini, and I've been generous when calculating fabric requirements so you can sew with peace of mind.  


Crystal was an absolute delight to produce, and I'm thrilled to see her hanging on my mini quilt wall.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the Crystal Mini Quilt PDF Pattern, PDF patterns are now available in my Etsy shop and until the end of August 2024 they will be at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU + taxes where applicable).

Simply click to link to purchase your copy today:


I hope you enjoy sewing your version of the stunning Crystal. She's an absolute delight to sew and her simplicity makes her a gorgeous addition to my mini quilt wall.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)



No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊