Week Ending - September 29

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!



Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you did something fun this week.

It's Grand Final weekend and yesterday was a glorious spring day. We spent time in the garden, planting, reading, playing Scrabble in the patio and then we watched the AFL Football Final. 

Today I want to finish The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim. Have you read it? It's the classic to read during spring/summer and I'm so in love with my Penguin Classics hardcover edition - it's petite and blue and so adorable.

I did find you some wonderful projects this week, so let's go:

  • Today I'm trying The Ultimate Chocolate Hazelnut Tart from Spatula Desserts. The recipe promises to be easy, and the tart should be silky and creamy - sounds perfect! I can't wait to get started and I know my boys are looking forward to dessert tonight.
  • The As If - Purse Pattern from Hobbii is a free crochet pattern for an adorable purse. It's made with bulky ribbon yarn, has inside pockets, adjustable straps and an adorable rose for extra detail. You can download the pattern and start a new purse today.



  • Tired of messy cords in the sewing room? Leafy Treetops has a free tutorial for her DIY Cord Keepers from Fabric Scraps to keep your cords organised. These can be sewn in around 20 minutes and it's a great solution for all our craft/computer/phone cords.
  • Daily Crochet has a tutorial for an Easy Crochet Bag Handle Pattern and this might be useful if you're looking for a sturdy option for handmade bags etc. It's a crochet cord handle and it will add some extra detail to all your projects.



  • Almond Croissant Banana Bread? Yes please! The Batter Thickens has this recipe on their site and it looks delicious. This flavour combination sounds divine and I'm sure my craft girls will love this one.
  • I've fallen in love with crochet wall hangings and The Rolling Hills Wall Hanging pattern from Love and Stitch Design is an absolute beauty. I have seen so many beautiful designs and I'm thinking of making a few for Christmas gifts. The pattern is free to use, so have fun!
  • The Lily Quilt Pattern from Alderwood Studio is a stunning geometric design that creates soft curves and visual interest. The PDF pattern contains instructions for four quilt sizes and is available for purchase in their shop.

And that's it for another week! I hope you were inspired by these projects.

October is almost here, so next month's Week Ending posts will be Halloween inspired, and I have a new mini quilt pattern for you on Friday - you're going to love Winifred!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)




No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊