Week Ending - October 11

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week.



Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been fun and creative.

What are your plans for Halloween? Our celebration will be very low key this year, but we'll still make it fun for the grandchildren. I'll watch Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic, and my Halloween read this year will be Weyward by Emilia Hart (not spooky but it involves witch hunts, three generations and uncovering hidden family legacies).

Let's take a look at the projects I found for you this week:

  • The Free Crochet Bat Applique Pattern from Unique Baby Gear Ideas is a fun project and versatile for embellishing blankets, hats, cushions and more. It's super cute, uses basic stitches and the pattern looks easy to follow. 
  • The Red Velvet Marshmallow Spider Web Cake from Sugar Hero is a stunner. It's a classic red velvet cake, frosted with dark chocolate buttercream and covered in cobwebs made from marshmallows (YUM!). The spider is a cute candy spider, but you could also make your own using fondant. So fun!



  • The Little Phantoms and Ghosts Wind Spinner pattern from Pattern Obsession is super cute and free to use. This is recommended for an intermediate crocheter, and it takes between 5-7 hours to complete. I think it's fun and would look amazing on a porch or patio this Halloween season.
  • I love the Free Printable Halloween Linocut Wall Art Gallery from The Cottage Market. Art is a simple way to Halloween into your space and these prints are gorgeous. There are two sizes to choose from (5 x 7" and 8 x 10") and they are free to download and print.
  • The Ghost FPP Quilt Block Pattern from Maza Quilt is adorable. The PDF pattern includes three sizes (9", 12" and 15") and he's perfect for any quilt project. The pattern is available as an instant download in their Etsy shop and I'm sure you'll love this little guy.



  • The Halloween Caramel Apple Slice Bites from Kitchen Tips Blog is a fun snack to serve for Halloween. The recipe is nice and simple and there are suggestions for variations to cater to everyone's taste. Quick, easy and delicious!
  • The Moonlit Witch Applique Pattern from Folk Colours will help you celebrate the magic of Halloween. It's a wall hanging that's sure to delight and it's a unique piece that will become a favorite for years to come. The PDF pattern is available for purchase as an instant download in their Etsy store.

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something new to create.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)



No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊