Estrella Mini Quilt + Your Free July 2018 Calendar

It's time for me to release my July Mini Quilt pattern and this month I have a little sweetheart for you ♥. She's soft and pretty, elegant, sweet and simply stunning. Please welcome the gorgeous Estrella to my pattern family:


Usually I have a name picked out for my patterns long before I begin sewing, but this month I was stumped. I thought her name would come to me as the design evolved but as I sewed she remained nameless. Thankfully hubby came to the rescue (with the help of Google) and this little blossom became known as, Estrella.
Estrella is a Spanish girls name meaning star and its said that people with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others, especially with their spiritual beliefs......cool eh?


OK lets talk about the star for a bit. You may notice the similarities of the centre star to the ones in the Hestia quilt I released last week. It is a variation and was one of the designs I originally considered using for Hestia. Since I loved both variations, I chose this one to shine in its own mini quilt, and surrounded by that sweet HST garland, I think Estrella is stunning.


Estrella is a fully paper pieced pattern. You could traditionally pieced the garland but I thought it would be more accurate if it was all paper pieced, as sometimes printers can reduce FPP templates just enough for things not to fit together properly with traditional piecing.
I chose some lovely soft fabrics for my version of Estrella as Maddi wanted a new mini for her hall table (I love that she loves what I sew). I think it would look stunning in any combination and I can't wait to see what fabrics you use.


Estrella finishes at around 16" square so it also makes a pretty table topper or cushion front. Included in the PDF pattern are a few ideas for sewing multiples of the block for larger quilts and all of the options are stunning.
Also included in the PDF pattern are full step by step instructions and diagrams to make construction quick and easy, plus a colouring sheet to help you plan your fabrics/colours prior to sewing. There's also optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers so you can add Estrella to your mini quilt wall.


If you would like to make your own version of Estrella, from today until the end of July 2018, PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
If you prefer and instant download, PDF patterns are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
And I've also got your free July 2018 calendar featuring the gorgeous Estrella:


To download and print your free calendar just visit HERE.
I hope you love Estrella as much as I do. She's a fun mini to sew and a great weekend project to work on. I hope she inspires you just like those who share her name :)


Happy sewing :)

2 comments

  1. Hello Rose. :) Just let you know I am using your amazing July Calendar in my blog and I wanna say ...thank you so much for such amazing quilting calendar. I love it! Congratulations, Rose. Your blog is wonderful.
    Greetings from Brazil. Thank you Rose.<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats awesome Sue, im thrilled you like my calendars 😊 enjoy 😊

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊