Week Ending (September 30)


Happy Sunday! Wow, its hard to believe its the last day of September. Term 3 school holidays have just started so we're looking forward to two weeks of relaxation (and sewing in my pj's).
This weeks Week Ending list follows on from last Sunday with more Halloween inspiration. Enjoy!

  • I love, love, love this Wicked Halloweenie Crochet Blanket. The colours are gorgeous and those tassels finish it off so nicely. Not sure I'll have time to crochet one but this is definitely going on my list for next year; gotta have something to hide under while watching scary movies right?
  • Life in the Scrapatch has this gorgeous Spiders Web Quilt and it was run as a quilt along in 2014. The quilt is stunning and it would be perfect on your Halloween table. The pattern is free and if you scroll down there is a link for a larger size as well.
  • Simple is often always the best and this Mummy Mug Rug pattern is simple but oh so clever. The kids would love one of these and you could make it a bit larger to use as a place mat. Its a great way to use up some scraps and its not too scary.
  • And speaking of simple, I thought these Jack-o-Lantern Sandwich Bites would be great to nibble on while we watch our scary movies. Everyone loves pastry and they will look fantastic on the table. I might try a few variations; maybe some salami or turkey slices as well.
  • If you don't want to dress up for Halloween but you still want to get into the spirit, then these Crochet Pumpkin Earrings might be the solution. You need to scroll down for the pattern but even the apple ones are cute!
  • These Witch Hat Cookies are a quick and easy dessert or snack idea and the kids will love helping out with these. No baking required just some Oreos, some Hersheys, a little icing and some candy...easy!
  • And finally, even though I'm not into scary or creepy decorations, I do love this Appliqued Spider Mini Quilt pattern. There's a full tutorial and links to templates etc. and I think you could sew one of these up quickly in time for Halloween.
And that's my list for another week. I hope you've enjoyed all the Halloween links I've shared over the last two weeks. I'm looking forward to making lots of things for our Girls Fright Night, and spending time with friends eating chocolate and scaring ourselves silly with horror movies :)

I'll be back very soon with a new quilt to show you. If you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen some photos but I can't wait to reveal the finished quilt.
Till then...Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊