Daphne Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Happy hump day guys! The months are simply flying by and its May already - how did that happen?  I always enjoy May though because on the second Sunday its Mother's Day!  My birthday is two days after Christmas and its the worst time of the year to celebrate - I never had a birthday party growing up which is devastating to a child! Becoming a mum meant there's a day mid year that's special and all about me, so I pretend its my birthday. ;)
Anyway enough wallowing, I have a new mini quilt pattern to introduce to you today, so please welcome the stunning Daphne to my pattern family.


Isn't she pretty? I love this little quilt and she's super easy to construct using foundation paper piecing. It's all simple piecing and I've removed all the Y seams because no one really enjoys them do they?
I used a few prints from the gorgeous Summer Blush fabric line, and I combined them with some crisp white homespun and a light grey Essex linen. I love the warmth the linen adds to this design but there was a lot of movement when I quilted it and it puckered slightly - I can live with a few little puckers though!


I named this mini quilt Daphne because it reminded me of the daphne odora plant. During the cold months while the rest of the garden braces itself against the weather, the winter daphne thrives and the gorgeous pink and white flowers are a stunning contrast against the grey skies.  The fragrance of these flowers is intoxicating, and we have one planted near our front door so we can enjoy the smell as we run from the house to the car on a frosty morning. ;)
Ours actually flowers very early and I can usually fill a vase for our Mothers Day lunch table. They look pretty and they fill the house with a delicious perfume.


Daphne finishes at around 14" square so its the perfect size for a table topper or a cushion front.  I've actually started making a couple of throw pillows using this design as part of my mum's Mother's Day gift. And how pretty would this design look in a full sized quilt? I think its another one to add to my quilt wish list to sew at some point in the future.
Its a very quick mini to sew and perfect as a weekend project - just grab a few fabrics and away you go! If you don't want to work with the linen then substitute it for a solid homespun.  I wanted to add some extra texture to this mini and for the most part the linen worked OK.


The PDF pattern includes a colouring sheet so you can plan the placement of your colours/fabrics prior to piecing. The FPP templates are coloured in the combination I used and this will help you identify and piece the units quickly and easily.
I'm sure Daphne will look stunning in any fabric combination so I'm eager to see how you interpret this pattern, and what colours you select for your version. I've included full step by step instructions and diagrams to help you along the way and there's also optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers.


I'm sure you're going to enjoy sewing your own Daphne mini, and she's going to be a stunning addition to your quilt wall.
From today until the end of May 2019, PDF patterns are available in both of my shops at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU). Simply chose how you would like to purchase your PDF pattern and click on the appropriate shop link.



I cant wait to see your Daphne mini quilts so don't forget to send me a photo or tag me on social media so I can come over and have a look. Also use the IG hashtag #daphneminiquilt so photo's of everyone's mini quilts are in the one place.
Have lots of fun with the stunning Daphne, she's an absolute sweetheart and a very welcome addition to my pattern family. I love her!


Happy quilting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊