Week Ending - January 26

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers. Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope your week has been a creative one. It's Australia Day long weekend here so we're enjoying of celebration for this wonderful country we live in.

I hope to spend this afternoon in the sewing room because I want more progress to show you of the scrappy Bow Tie quilt I'm working on - it's looking so pretty!

I've found seven fun links for your this week, so here we go:

  • First up, calling all Australian quilters for a fun mini quilt swap that's coming soon. Carina and Ruth from Aussie Crafty Swaps  have organised a swap using my patterns as the theme. I'm so excited to see what everyone makes and how they interpret the patterns. Sign ups will begin soon and all the details are HERE on Instagram. So fun!
  • Magnolia has just posted this yummy Strawberry Pie Dessert recipe for Valentines Day and I'm in love. It looks pretty easy and I think I would make my own pastry case but this one is definitely going on my must make list!
  • The Camden Road QAL from Hyacinth Quilt Designs begins in less than a week, and this is a stunning quilt with endless possibilities. The pattern discount code is valid for a few more days and there are some great prizes up for grabs. 




  • This Crochet Speckled Moss Stitch Baby Blanket would make such a lovely gift for a newborn. Daisy Farm Crafts have the sweetest patterns and I'm sure you're going to want to add this latest pattern to your list.
  • Happy Charlotte has a step by step photo tutorial and video tutorial for the cutest 2-Minute Dye Tassel Baskets. The tassels would add an instant pop of colour to any project. I think these would become addictive!



  • Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me has a free Crochet Heart Granny Square available for Valentine's Day. You can never have too many hearts and a whole bunch of these blocks would make a gorgeous throw blanket. I've crocheted a few heart patterns before, but I love the whimsical shape of this one.
  • And finally, Comfort Stitching released the Flip Pocket Folio pattern and this is a must for all crafters. There's plenty of room for all your notions and it keeps everything together and neatly organised. This is a paid pattern and looks fun to make!

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something new to create.

Next week on the blog I'm hoping to share my scrappy quilt progress plus a new long term crochet project I just started and love! In my Classic Quilt Blocks series I'm sharing some modern takes on the Bow Tie block that are fun and inspiring, and my newsletter should hit your inbox on Thursday. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊