Easter Picnic Mini Quilt PDF Pattern

Take your family on an Easter Picnic with this adorable mini quilt! This is a re-release of one of my old patterns, and one I'm sure you'll fall in love with all over again!


I'm re-releasing an old pattern of mine today, Easter Picnic. I designed this mini quilt back in 2014 for my Threadbare Ezine. The original pattern was not as informative and detailed as the ones I write today, and I thought this lovely little quilt deserved its own time to shine.

Since we're looking at the Basket block in my Classic Quilt Blocks series and Easter is only weeks away, now was the perfect time to give this pattern a big overhaul. If you read till the end of this post, I'm offering a HUGE discount on this pattern re-release for my wonderful and supportive blog readers. :)


When I think of an Easter Picnic, I imagine excited children hunting eggs with their little baskets or pails, pretty pinwheels and streamers blowing gently in the breeze, colourful eggs littering the moist green grass, and one brave grown-up dressed in a rabbit suit bringing squeals of delight to the excited children.

That was the scene I imagined when designing this pattern, and I managed to include most of those elements in one soft and pretty mini quilt.


The baskets in my Easter Picnic Mini Quilt are a little different than the one we sewed in my tutorial last week. It's designed on a different grid, creating a prettier shape and I added some extra HST's to the basket to make it even prettier.

The quilt pictured is the original quilt I made back in 2014, and I found the fabrics at Spotlight. The soft colours and pretty prints felt like Easter to me, but of course you could use whatever fabrics match your colour scheme them this year.


The little pinwheels in the setting triangles are my favorite (yes, I know I've mentioned a hundred times, I'm a sucker for pinwheels). They float around the outside of the quilt and add a little frivolity to the design - I'd add pinwheels to every design I sew, but I have to show some restraint! ;) 

I love an on point layout, but just remember layouts like this create odd sized quilts. Easter Picnic finishes at around 20" square making it perfect for displaying on your wall or to use as a little tablecloth on your dining table this Easter.


The new look Easter Picnic Mini Quilt PDF pattern has full step by step instructions, and lots and lots of colour diagrams. There's a colouring page so you can plan your colours/fabrics prior to sewing, plus optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers to display your quilt.

The PDF pattern is now available in my shop for $5.95 (AU) + taxes where applicable, BUT as a special discount for all my blog and Classic Quilt Blocks readers, if you use the code CQBBASKET between now and April 2, 2021 you will receive 50 % off your copy - the code is case sensitive, so make sure you use uppercase letters.

Simply click on the link to grab your copy before the code expires.


I hope you enjoy the Easter Picnic Mini Quilt pattern. It ties in so well with this month's Classic Quilt Blocks series and I loved updating one of my older designs to share with you - it's still as pretty today as it was back in 2014!

Enjoy!

PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)
email signature

2 comments

  1. Hi, thanks for the discount. I ordered the pattern and can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exciting Teresa, I hope you enjoy sewing your quilt :) Thanks so much for the support. I love giving back to my readers, they're the best! :)

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊