Week Ending - April 14

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! How has your week been?

I helped some lovely ladies learn to crochet this week! It's so fun to see their excitement when they create something with yarn for the very first time. We started with some simple Granny Squares and hopefully this begins their love journey with crochet.

I also found some wonderful projects for you this week, so let's go:

  • Early in December, Maddi, Iris and I had a girl's day at Bridestowe Lavender Farm, and I purchased some of their culinary lavender to use in baking. I've added it to scones, ice cream, tarts and a yummy salad dressing and next one my list is the Lavender Tea Bread recipe from The Lavender Homefront. This looks delicious and a nice treat for morning tea.
  • TYTKA Studio has a Triangular Frill Tote Bag PDF Pattern that is super clever and fun. The pattern includes two sizes, and it's available as an instant download in the store. I think you'll love this, especially for market shopping. 



  • The Autumn Rhapsody Blanket pattern from Nana's Crafty Home ran as a CAL in 2019 but the patterns and stitch information are still available on her blog. This is a sampler style blanket, and it looks fun. If time is short, try her pillow pattern instead.
  • Tonight's dinner is some leftover Ribollita and I'm pairing it with the Slow Cooker Bread with Basil Pesto from Diethood. I'm going to let the slow cooker do all the work for me today while we take a foliage drive and soak up the gorgeous autumn colours. 



  • Looking for a baby shower gift? How about the DIY Puffy Sun Baby Playmat from Fabric Art DIY? This is a free pattern and such a useful and practical gift for new mums. It super sweet and looks easy, and I'm sure it will be the perfect nursery addition for the new little one!
  • I love the Thankful Quilt Pattern from Art Gallery Fabrics. If you love a lone star quilt, then this free pattern is for you. It's constructed using strip piecing and the pattern includes clear instructions and diagrams to make it easy for you.
  • The Pleated Kitchen Confections Apron from Sew 4 Home is a free pattern and a must make for all baking lovers. It has a vintage feel, and the box pleat details give it a flattering shape. Make one for yourself and add some fun to your baking.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something new to create.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊