Week Ending - August 25

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had a fun and creative week!

I'm blessed to accompany our grandchildren and their mumma to playgroup every Tuesday and it's my favorite day of the week. There's always a craft project ready and seeing how these gorgeous children create with freedom makes me wonder why we lose our sense of play and thirst for adventure. 

In the coming days, I plan on embracing my inner child and playing without fear! Want to join me?

Maybe one of these seven projects will unleash your creativity:

  • The Crochet Flower Clutch Bag Pattern from Thoresby Cottage is a free pattern and it's simply stunning. The pouch finishes at a petite 5" x 4" and it can be adjusted by crocheting extra flower squares or increasing your yarn and hook size. So pretty.
  • Pies are one of my favorite things to bake and I found a post with some inspiring Pie Crusts. These designs will have you adding something extra to your own pies. There are no instructions but most of them look easy to recreate in your own kitchen.



  • The Granny Weave Free Crochet Blanket Pattern from Dora Does is a two colour geometric throw pattern that has so many possibilities. You can use it for blankets, cushions or scarves and it looks so warm and cosy.
  • I love the Believe Unicorn FPP Pattern from Unicorn Harts. This is available in their shop and the pattern is for a block size finishing at 18" x 11". It's bright and colourful and so fun - I believe in unicorns, don't you?



  • Tonight's dinner is the Swedish Meatball Pasta from Damn Delicious.  Meatballs, pasta and a thick gravy make this meal comforting, easy and delicious. I've tried this recipe before so if you and everyone love it, so give it a go!
  • The Evelyn Blanket from That Crochet Life is a stunning example of the monochromatic look. There's lots of fun texture and a sweet, scalloped border, and it's a free pattern that can be adjusted to yield the blanket of your choice.
  • Swans are graceful and serene and the DIY Fabric Swan Toy from SEW captures their beauty perfectly. This pattern is available in their shop as an instant download, and you can make a pair from four fat quarters. Beautiful!

And that's it for another week! I hope these projects inspired you to play.

Newsletter subscribers, make sure you check your inbox tomorrow! :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)




No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊