Week Ending - September 22

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had a creative week!

I'm spending my morning baking and putting the finishing touches on our spring equinox celebration. We've having an intimate garden party, and I've planned some fun activities for the grandchildren. We have seeds to plant, butterfly suncatchers and bath bombs to make, and a family badminton tournament to play!

How will you celebrate the spring/autumn equinox?

I did find some fun projects this week, so let's go:

  • The Cafe Sucre Farine has a recipe for a Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake (Kladdkaka) that looks delicious. This promises to be every chocolate lover dream come true and is an easy one bowl, no mixer recipe. Looks lush!
  • The Stash Buster Crochet Motif Shawl Pattern from Briana K Designs is stunning. Its beginner friendly, join as you go, has a fun fringe and the pattern is free is use. Use up some of your stash and make something beautiful and fun to wear.



  • Lo and Behold has a stunning autumn inspired quilt pattern called Heirloom Hearts Quilt. This design would work perfectly in any colour combination to celebrate the season you're in. The pattern is available for purchase, and I think you'll be making more than one of these.
  • I want to try the Curried Butter Beans recipe from Lucy and Lentils. This is a vegan recipe and looks rich and delicious. Butter beans are so versatile, and I love experimenting with them in the kitchen. This recipe is bookmarked, and I hope to try it later in the week.



  • The Four Whirl Shawl/Throw crochet pattern is a free listing on Ravelry from Cath van der Wel. It's a pattern that can be easily adapted and you'll need to know how to single crochet, chain and the occasional long double crochet (US terms). This looks so cosy and warm.
  • Tildas World has the sweetest Bird Quilt Block pattern free for you to sew. It's traditional piecing and I'm sure you could use this block in so many projects. This little cutie is so delicate and I'm sure you'll have fun choosing sweet fabrics to bring it to life.
  • The Pup's In Cups Quilt Pattern from Sew Fresh Quilts is super cute. It's a traditional pieced quilt pattern and each pup and cup will melt your heart. I absolutely adore this as I'm sure any dog lover will. The pattern is available for purchase in her Etsy shop as an instant download.

And that's it for another week! I hope you found something fun to create lovely. 

Newsletter subscribers - don't forget to check your inbox tomorrow! :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Stay safe and well :)


Happy Week Ending :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊