Week Ending - June 14

Seven inspiring projects, seven talented makers! Quilting, crochet and baking links to inspire you to create, every day of the week!


Happy Sunday lovely! I hope you've had a wonderful week. It's been a cold dreary week here with drizzly rain, yuck! Winter is here to stay and it's going to be a long and cold one I'm afraid!

I ordered a bundle of new fabrics this week, to sew a new quilt for our bed. It's time for a refresh and I chose the gorgeous dreamy Super Bloom fabrics from Edyta Sitar for this project. I have no idea what I'll make, but I'll keep you posted - I'm hoping when I see them in real life they will tell me what to sew! Do you do that? Sometimes you need to sit with fabric and let it speak to you.

I did find some wonderful and inspiring projects for you this week, so let's take a look:

  • First up is this stunning Double Take Quilt from Melissa at Happy Quilting - I could stare at this quilt all day! This is a free pattern and all the links are in the post, including a step by step tutorial to help you out. Such a fun and interesting pattern!
  • And while you're there, have you seen Melissa's book Charming Baby Quilts? So many gorgeous quilts all in the one book. I might have to purchase a copy for myself - yes, we're going to be grandparents in late November! Congrats Madeline and Michael!  It's all very, very exciting and I can't wait to be a nanna! How many quilts does a newborn baby need, hmmm? 
  • Skip To My Lou shared an Easy Banana Bread Made With Cake Mix recipe and this looks delicious. It's a quick and easy one and looks really moist and delicious. Great recipe to make with the kids or grandkids ;)



  • Speaking of grandkids (sorry I'm excited), have you seen the Fisher Price fabric line from Riley Blake. Christopher Thompson from the Tattooed Quilter has made some gorgeous projects using this fabric and he walks you through his process. So fun!
  • Move over unicorns and owls, apparently geese are the new thing! Who knew? Repeat Crafter Me has just released a gorgeous Goose C2C Crochet Blanket pattern, and I can see it why it's trending. It's super cute and she's worked her blanket in Bernat Velvet which is so lush. Such a fun pattern!



  • Have you heard about the new mystery quilt at the Fat Quarter Shop? The Love Notes Applique Mystery Quilt has just been announced and I'm intrigued. All the details and links for sign ups are in the post and it sounds like a fun project to join in with.
  • And finally, we had this One Pan Dukkah Chicken and Veggies from Jessica Sepel last night and it was amazing. If you're looking for a quick and tasty dinner idea then definitely give this a try. Tray bakes are great for weekend dinners, and much healthier than grabbing a quick takeaway. Enjoy!

And that's it for another week. I hope you found something to inspire you for the creative week ahead. I'm so thrilled I could finally share our grandbaby news with you - we've been holding in this secret for weeks and weeks! We can't wait to welcome this new little one into our family - it's such a blessing and a wonderful gift we love to pieces already!

Next week on the blog I'm talking about our quilting posture and looking after our bodies, plus in my Classic Quilt Blocks series I'm sharing my favorite Jacobs Ladder quilts.  

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday lovely!


Happy Week Ending :)
email signature

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊