Calendar Girls - Lillian (Block 6)

Do you want to sew the blocks from my Free 2023 Calendar? Come and meet the Calendar Girls and join me in a very, very casual sew along!

Morning lovely!

Welcome to Block Six of my Calendar Girls sew along! Every second Wednesday I'm releasing one block pattern from my Free 2023 Calendar for you to sew in any project you desire!

This week's block share's a name with a woman I was blessed to have in my life until I was 22 and I'd have to say she was the probably the cheekiest and naughtiest of our Calendar Girls. ;)

Let me introduce you to Lillian!


Our sixth block is the fun and mischievous Lillian.

She is a foundation paper pieced block, and she's a darling quilt block!

Lillian loves greyhounds, horse racing and telling the occasional dirty joke. Rules don't apply to our lovely Lillian, and she lives life like there's no tomorrow! She's sassy, funny, witty and fun and she'll make you laugh at the most inappropriate times. She doesn't brood, hold grudges or participate in gossip, and she loves nothing more than telling a good story. Lillian's door is always open (literally) and you're welcome to have coffee or tea, but she'd rather tell you a joke and offer you something a wee bit stronger! ;)

Lillian was my great grandmother and mother of Mary.


My goal was to make these block patterns as easy as possible for you, so Lillian is constructed using the quick and accurate foundation paper piecing method. You can piece this block using traditional piecing, but then you're dealing with cut pieces to the 1/8" or 1/16" and I thought this was the best option.

You'll require three pretty prints and a background fabric to complete your block and I had so much fun choosing fabrics for this one. It looks fantastic in any combination, so get creative.

A colouring sheet is included in the free PDF pattern, so you can play around with combinations prior to sewing.


The free PDF pattern includes full sized templates and assembly instructions and diagrams for four sizes of the Lillian block - 6", 8", 10" & 12".  It's up to you how many you sew or how you use them - you have two weeks until the release of the next block, so sew lots!

Just mentioning again, there are no fabric requirements included in the pattern.

Knowledge of foundation paper piecing is a must, and the FPP templates are full sized for each of the block sizes, so you can print and sew without any fuss.

If you need help with FPP, you can find my tutorials here:


You can always email me with any questions or concerns you may have with FPP - I'll help if I can!


Everything you need to make your own Lillian block is in the free pattern and to download and print your copy, simply click the link:


Have fun sewing this block! My great grandmother was an absolute hoot, and she would have been tickled pink to be one of my Calendar Girls.  

The next block in the series is the demure and earnest Jean!


I can't wait to introduce you to Jean on Wednesday 24th of May. She's a lovely block to sew and she shares her name with my husband's aunt!

Have fun sewing Lillian lovely! I can't wait to see what you create with these Calendar Girl Blocks.

Enjoy!


PIN FOR LATER:


Happy quilting :)


No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊