Friday, February 16, 2007

Log Cabin Fever

My research on the log cabin block provided great reading and so many possiblilities for the piecing and the layout of the log cabin quilt i want to make. At work today, all i was thinking about was how i was going to tackle this project......so i came home, got organised and started sewing.....these little guys (4") r addictive, i got 6 sewn tonite:


They r so much fun to stitch but i guess that will wear off as i have so many to make. I like these ones better than the one i made last nite, because the centre block is bigger........this is a great project to clear out some of my stash.
The weather here is so hot, its hard to spend the time u want doing what u love.......it was so uncomfortable at work today and the weekend promises to be hotter!!!......oh well, i just keep thinking bout that sewing cabinet i ordered and it makes work more pleasurable lol
We are getting organised for the Hobart Craft fair this year....we r going as a family (girls to the Craft Fair and boys to ......umm wherever they want lol)......I went last year and loved it!!!.......I had a fantastic time with a great friend (aka the lurker) and we both really enjoyed it!! I love these events.......they inspire u, give u great ideas and open u to new experiences....roll on March 31st!!!!
Back to stitching, enjoy ur weekend!!
Rose.

4 comments:

Haus Frau said...

About 6 years ago I made pieces for a hand stitched primitive Americana quilt. Is it done? sigh...no.

You amaze me with how much you accomplish! Wow!

Wendy said...

Your log cabin blocks are coming along nicely. I like the larger centre square you've chosen as well. I know how hard it can be to do "anything" when it's hot. Keep goin...

Anne said...

These look great! I like the larger centre square. Looking forward to seeing this project progress:-)

Shelina said...

Those definitely are precious memories. Thank you for sharing them. I also like your quote at the bottom of the page. I have been writing a whole bunch of them down - about achieving goals - as I am reading my book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...