Princess Pfaff


The "Princess" arrived and Ive spent awhile getting acquainted with my new machine (I see great things for us in the future!!!). She is a Pfaff Expression 2038 and such a dream to sew on. So many great features packed into this little beauty, some of them "very new" to me, some of them just make sewing that much easier:


She has an built in walking foot (just flick the lever down and ur ready to quilt....and she quilts so lovely!!!) Free motion quilting is a dream and it has a great open darning foot, so u can see the area u r working on a lot better. Automatic needlethread, LCD screen displays when the bobbin is close to running out. There is a half speed button (great for learning stippling) , the needle up/down button and the tie off button. There r 80 inbuilt stitches (9mm) plus an alphabet and numerals and a few symbols. The applique stitch is really lovely and there is a mirror image button so no need to turn ur design around (this works great with the embrodiery stitches as well!!) The hand quilting stitch is also lovely (I can see myself using this quite a lot).

I havent sewn much, ive just played around with it, although i did sew a loggie block tonite and how i wish i had had that 1/4" foot when i started them lol!!! And what has become of poor Jan (Janome)..........well she has taken a well deserved retirement and now resides on the shelf, but she promises to make a few guest appearances when the kids come down to sew:

Hope u all have a great weekend.......guess what ill be doing??? lol

Take care
Rose xxx

17 comments

  1. Congrats on that new machine! Sounds like you are going to have lots of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that was quick! Enjoy getting to know her better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh green with envy here, she looks beautiful. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a great new toy - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Fanct Dancy!!! I like that you call her the Princess. I have called mine a few names I can not mention and maybe that is why she does not like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you!! I have had a Pfaff for about 10 years and I really love mine. It is a quilters edition - but I don't have some of the features you on the new machine. It sure would be nice to have some of those features - warning the bobbin thread is getting low!! Enjoy the new machine :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your new friend - may all your seam be wonderful from now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I know she will be a joy to you for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH boy, what a great machine. I am sure you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time playing with your new baby. You'll have the best time getting to know each other!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely new toy! have fun getting acquainted :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun on your new toy! I love that you name them. I can't sew a stitch but I always wanted to. I tried but I always got the thread tied up somehow (sigh!) Have fun quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd l-o-v-e to have the tie-off AND the hand quilting stitch. They can keep all the fancy stuff, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your new toy and have fun! I am looking forward to see what you and your new friend will do together!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful machine! I know you are going to stitch wonderful things on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh it looks wonderful! I have an older model Pfaff that I love dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just got my 2038 today...I can't wait..
    Deby

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊