New Years Resolutions

On a personal note, this year I have kept my New Years Resolutions simple........enjoy each and every day of 2011 and be kinder to myself but on a sewing note, theres always goals to be kept!

For the last 2 years Anne Ida and I made a resolution to "make what we loved as long as we finished it within that year".........it worked quite well for both of us but we both still have UFO's that we would love to finish, so Anne Ida came up with our resolution for 2011:


Its a perfect way for us to focus on our UFO's before even thinking about starting a new quilt and some of my UFO's date back quite awhile now:



My much loved Log Cabin and SBS are 2 quilts Id love to finish this year and theres the quilt Anne Ida and I sewed while she was here visiting us (I know she finished hers ages ago!!) which will probably be my first priority!! And then theres my Dear Jane, it would be great to finish all the blocks this year!! Feel free to grab the badge and participate if you need some motivation to finish off those UFO's.

Of course on the work front, I have heaps of exciting plans for 2011 and lots of motivation. Already working on my first commission for the year:

Think you can guess the theme!!!


3 comments

  1. would that be an Easter one :):) havent heard from you for a while hope alls well and that you are busy busy busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of finishing a UFO before starting another quilt...does this include quilting those already made???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, I've already put my name down for a site "Sew its finished" to try and keep me on the straight and narrow. Now I'll try and put your button on my blog too. Must start bloggin again. I took some time out, and still I didn't clear up some of my projects..ah well..
    Rainbow smiles :}
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊