Spider's Web

On those cold winter mornings, as the sunlight burns through the lifting fog, it's such a treasure to find a intricately spun spider's web glistening in the garden. These natural beauties, begin with a single strand of silk which is woven into gorgeous orbs. Primarily, they are used to catch prey, but the webs also act as a safety line if the spider is in danger of falling as it moves from place to place and for protecting and preserving it's precious bounty of eggs and food. 
My latest mini quilt design, Spider's Web was inspired by those hardworking and talented spiders who weave such beautiful treasures in our garden. They are such a wonder to behold and admire.
This mini quilt is a pieced version of a spider's web and I used a lovely mix of Bonnie and Camille fabrics, which I think work perfectly. The outer spirals of the web are made using two shades of aqua and orange, which give the web a lovely translucent effect.
The Lemoyne Star centre, is pieced using HST's and flying geese units and represents the talented little eight legged spiders responsible for the the pretty webs we discover.
I had a lot of fun with this mini quilt; it was such a pleasure to design and sew. For the quilting, I chose to machine quilt using my favorite flower design:
I do love the effect of this free motion motif and I thinks its absolutely perfect for this design :)
The mini quilt finishes at approximately 14 1/2" square and would be perfect as a table topper, or a cushion front or as a wall hanging and I do include two options for adding a hanger, if that's the option you choose.
PDF patterns of Spider's Web are now available in my store HERE and from today until the end of March 2015, they will be available at the discounted price of $3.95 (normally $5.95).
I do hope you enjoy this mini quilt; its a little wonder of nature, made with beautiful fabrics and it will add that special touch to your home decorating :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊