Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 70

This weeks gorgeous block is my favorite paper piecing block of all time, Pineapple. This block is so much fun to sew and its worked all in one piece, so its just a matter of choosing your colours/fabric and getting straight to the piecing.
Pineapple quilts began appearing after Log Cabin quilts, as a more complex variation. Due to its symmetry, no matter which way the block is set, it remains the same. The design radiates from the centre with overlapping angular strips creating that wonderful swirl of motion.
Traditionally, the pineapple is a symbol of warmth and hospitality. In some countries, pineapples were impaled to porch railings to announce a willingness to receive visitors. If a guest stayed overnight, they were given the bed which had pineapples carved into the bedpost or headboard, even if it was the master bed.
This humble block has such a wonderful history and I just had to include it in our quilts.
To download and print this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
Happy sewing :)
PS: I was still having a few issues with comments on my blog. When I log out of Blogger, I can see the missing comments on previous posts. When I log back in to reply, they disappear on my end. I have had my technicians, (aka my kids) have a look and we are pretty sure the problem occurred due to a glitch with a widget. It has been fixed but I still cant see the missing comments while logged in. Once again, if you have not received a reply to a comment in the last few weeks, I apologise and I truly appreciate the time you took to leave it.....thank you and hopefully this annoying issue is now resolved :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊