Maple and Walnut Cookies

When I was younger my mum baked a simple sugar cookie which had a whole walnut pressed into the top. They were super sweet with a gritty texture, and I'd eat the biscuit around the walnut saving my favorite piece till the last mouthful. There were times when I'd just steal the walnut but trust me....you get caught :)
I've played around trying to find something similar but yummier than mums, and these Maple and Walnut Cookies are a bit of a twist on her original recipe:


Maple syrup and brown sugar give these cookies a wonderful flavour without being too sweet, and without that gritty sugar texture. They are buttery and soft and loaded with crunchy walnut and dark chocolate chips, and they have that warm golden colour which makes a cookie look inviting.


Every bite yields a mouthful of the delicious walnut and chocolate so there's no need to eat around the edges and save the walnut till last :) They are perfect to have with a piping hot cup of your favorite tea or coffee and they store well for 3 or 4 days in an airtight container.


Its a quick and easy recipe and yields around eighteen large cookies so you can quickly fill your cookie jars or make batches and freeze them for lunch boxes or picnics etc.
You can download the recipe for my Maple and Walnut Cookies by clicking the link or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer.



I hope these cookies bring a little piece of deliciousness to your next morning or afternoon tea.


Happy baking :)

3 comments

  1. I love baking cookies and the time of the year is coming up where I do a lot of baking. These look very good and I will try your recipe out soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe, Rose. I try soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely recipe. Guida

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊