Wings Mini Quilt + Your Free August 2016 Calendar

July has been a sickly month for us. It always happens during the winter school holidays; the lurgies come to visit and our bodies just say enough, time to rest. There has been limited creative energy around here but now that we are fully rested and mended, I've been busy in the studio, catching up on all of my projects. 
My Chatelaine quilt is all basted and the quilting has begun but progress is slow as this quilt is huge and heavy! I can't wait to share all of it with you, but first its time for my new Monthly Mini and your free August calendar. So, let me introduce you to the gorgeous, Wings:
This mini quilt is a sweet and simple design based on the gorgeous "Vintage Butterfly" quilt block. It has a paper pieced centre, which comes together quickly and easily and then I've added some simple pieced borders to frame the block perfectly.
This is a lovely design which incorporates one of my favorite star blocks, the Ohio Star. Can you see it there? The added wings, create those beautiful butterflies in flight.
We all love the breathtaking colours of a butterfly and for this mini, I raided my stash for a bright and bold palette. Rarely do I design anything without basing my choices around a blue fabric but I really love this colour combination and I think that cheddar fabric, really makes this mini pop! 
The border is a simple checkerboard and you can piece these quickly and easily by strip piecing and cross cutting, if you prefer. I quilted my Wings mini, with my favorite all over flower design, which gives it that gorgeous texture and I finished it all off with a lovely frame of dark purple binding..
Wings finishes at around 17" square, so its a nice size to use as a table topper or lamp mat but its also a lovely quilt to hang and enjoy in your home.
The pattern includes full step by step instructions and diagrams, paper piecing templates and a colouring sheet for your fabric/colour selection, plus optional instructions for hanging your mini.
If you would like to make your own Wings mini quilt, from today until the end of August, PDF files will be available at the discounted and introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop, HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, patterns are also available in my Etsy shop, HERE.
And I also have your free August 2016 Calendar, featuring the gorgeous Wings:
To download and print your free calendar, just visit HERE.
Things around the blog will hopefully return to normal now. I'll be back on Wednesday with Part 2 of my Chatelaine Border Inspiration and I'll have some sneak peek pics of my quilt to share as well. I know I'm mean, but this quilt is soooooo gorgeous, I'm going to make you wait until its finished for the full reveal.
Until then, happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊